• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Topic: New Comp. - "A Dream"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Hey guys,

    Haven't had a chance to get this out in quite some time. I recently lost my job and had a terrible time finding another one. I'm sure you needn't know that.


    Anyways here is my second comp. Hope you like it.

    http://www.thesingingkettle.com/Music/Dream.mp3

    Would love some feedback especially with orchestration.

    Also Check out my first one if you'd like

    http://www.thesingingkettle.com/Music/Lullaby.mp3
    Chef Marco Teti
    www.TheSwordLord.com
    (Fine Replicated swords)

  2. #2

    Thumbs up Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Quote Originally Posted by Superb_Tenor
    Hey guys,

    Haven't had a chance to get this out in quite some time. I recently lost my job and had a terrible time finding another one. I'm sure you needn't know that.


    Anyways here is my second comp. Hope you like it.

    http://www.thesingingkettle.com/Music/Dream.mp3

    Would love some feedback especially with orchestration.

    Also Check out my first one if you'd like

    http://www.thesingingkettle.com/Music/Lullaby.mp3
    Very sad story Superb_tenor.
    I hope all is going fine now!!

    About your music:
    WOW this is fantastic music!!!!!!!!!
    This is the melody and harmoy I prefer!! Really I am really moved by your music!!!
    I like the way you conduct the theme trought the different set of instruments!
    Fantastic writing!! This is a great piece!!!
    Just one thing in my head is a little bit of 'verb!!
    Oh my god the come back of the solo violin is simply great!!! try to end the piece slowing down the tempo!!!

    Superb, absolutely!!!!
    Only my congratulations, great!

    Roberto

  3. #3

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Simple Direct and beautiful. Superb Coda. I liked the orchestration very much, there are some nice suspensions in the inner string parts.It might be nice, if just occasionally there was a little more melodic movement in the Celli Basses, in the more animated passages.
    Great stuff.
    regards

  4. #4

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Thanks Beach,


    just love how proffesional your works sound. When you ment reverb did you mean to use some kind of sequencer? All of the somposing is through overture that is bundled with GPO.


    Thanks Joaz,

    I'll sure to keep that in mind.
    Chef Marco Teti
    www.TheSwordLord.com
    (Fine Replicated swords)

  5. #5

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Such Beauty, almost made my shed a tear! I was captivated from the start to the end.... Congratulations on a stunning piece of music!!!

    Kind Regards

    LouisD

  6. #6

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Such Beauty, almost made my shed a tear! I was captivated from the start to the end.... Congratulations on a stunning piece of music!!!

    Kind Regards

    LouisD

    thanks LouisD,


    Certainly loved the kind remarks. It was my intention to make anyone who listens be moved by my piece.
    Chef Marco Teti
    www.TheSwordLord.com
    (Fine Replicated swords)

  7. #7

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Superb_Tenor, this is... superbly moving work you've done in this piece. Parts of the piece sent shivers through me -- some very powerful writing in this.

    Keep it coming!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  8. #8

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Superb_Tenor, this is... superbly moving work you've done in this piece. Parts of the piece sent shivers through me -- some very powerful writing in this.

    Keep it coming!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

    I wish I had more time EtLux. Really do appreciate the comments. I was hoping for more from others that have been here fro quite some time. Nonetheless I'm dissapointed that therer aren't more comments.


    I'll try to work on another peice soon.
    Chef Marco Teti
    www.TheSwordLord.com
    (Fine Replicated swords)

  9. #9

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Quote Originally Posted by Superb_Tenor
    I wish I had more time EtLux. Really do appreciate the comments. I was hoping for more from others that have been here fro quite some time. Nonetheless I'm dissapointed that therer aren't more comments.


    I'll try to work on another peice soon.
    How many comments you get is no reflection on the quality of the work, S_T.

    First of all, as I have said many times in this forum, the gentler works seem to inevitably get far less attention than the bang-zoom jobs do. That's regrettable, truly.

    Secondly, forum reaction is erratic simply because people can't always get here on a regular basis due to other matters in their lives. I was recently away for well over a month, for instance... so I missed many fine pieces, alas.

    I have listened to this piece once again, by the way, several times.

    It has aged well in my mind. My comments stand: There is some truly excellent, powerfully moving writing in this piece!

    Come on, all -- give this one a listen!

    Don't miss the brass writing in the 3:00's... top flight!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  10. #10

    Re: New Comp. - "A Dream"

    Superb writing, Superb!

    Nice chordal inversions and very good suspensions throughout. I enjoyed your work.

    Best regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •