• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Epic tale continued

Post Epic tale continued

Here is another piece of my epic tale...
    I hope you could enjoy it!

Best to you all,

From Dark to Light

Re: Epic tale continued

Beautiful, Roberto! I love the soft voices in the background and when the flute comes in at about 1/3rd through. It definately provides a sense of uplifting as the title indicates, dark to light It ended much too abruptly though I thought. I could definately see this going on a bit longer.

I must figure out how you get the strings to sound so smooth

Sounded great. What was GPO and what was not?

Smile Re: Epic tale continued

Thank you both!

CK: you are right about the end of this piece, but I cut it today before posting. Thus because this piece comes from one of my first composition after buyng GPO.
    And the end of this piece was a long choir tail. So as the choir is not from GPO it seems to me not right to post here a long non-GPO choir piece. then I choose for the part containing GPO samples.

Mr. Fels I don't remember exactly because my computer has got a crash. But I think that all apart the choir, obviously, was GPO except for the first violin Ens. but exactly I don't remember. I hope to give you a better answer when my computer will be back. Hoping to be able to get back everything.

Thank you again,

Hi beach,

I liked this piece as much as the other 2 you did!
    You used silver choir you said? you make good use of them!

Amazing work as always Roberto!

I have one suggestion. Perhaps adding a touch more verb to the flute at 0:56 would help it blend with the choir and strings a little better? Just a thought

Thanks for sharing,

Wine Country, Colorado

Magnificent, Roberto. Your adagios are always so beautiful. This one has a baroque feel. When your computer returns to life you might show us the ending. Thanks for posting this.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Beautiful use of the voice as an instrument. Restrained and subtle, it gave the music an elegaic quality - something you do so well!

Very enjoyable to hear.

R. Pearl

Really gorgeous, Roberto. It's almost haunting. I agree with Ryan about adding a bit more reverb on the flute. It will make it sound floating above the rest ....

Kind Regards

Beautiful as always. I particularly liked the ornamentation on the Flute solo.
    It is easy to forget how effective ornamentation is for enhancing a melody.
    I am looking forward to the ending.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast