• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Percussion slowing down song in Cubase

Share/Bookmark

GPO Percussion slowing down song in Cubase

Hi,

I have a problem using GPO percussion in Cubase. In the intro of a song I use lush strings and lush cello's, and everything works fine. As soon as I load the Basic Orch Perc Comb percussion, GPO is slowing down the song in Cubase. The midi bpm remains the same ofcourse, but all instruments (GPO and others) are noticeable slowing down. This problem occurs during recording and listening, the export works fine. The song is recorded in 24 bits, 96 kHz.

My setup is:
    - Cubase VST 5.1
    - GPO (Oct. 2004 update)
    - Win XP Home
    - P4 2.8Ghz with 1024 Mb RAM

Is this a known problem? What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Muzikant

Re: GPO Percussion slowing down song in Cubase

And yet again another example of GPO's tremendous realism!
    Real orchestral percussion sections always slow down a piece, especially in really upbeat music. That's exactly what GPO is doing here. All of the non-chromatic percussion instruments have a small program built in that slows down a piece.

Sorry I couldn't help myself...AGAIN!

(just throwing ideas out here)
    GPO, to my understanding, isn't recorded in 24/96, but 16/44.1. Maybe there's some conversions that are taking a while to convert?

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    And yet again another example of GPO's tremendous realism!
    Real orchestral percussion sections always slow down a piece, especially in really upbeat music. That's exactly what GPO is doing here. All of the non-chromatic percussion instruments have a small program built in that slows down a piece.

Sorry I couldn't help myself...AGAIN!

(just throwing ideas out here)
    GPO, to my understanding, isn't recorded in 24/96, but 16/44.1. Maybe there's some conversions that are taking a while to convert?

-Chris
    Well, this piece of music is not really upbeat (far from). How can I avoid this slowing down?

Never heard of this happening. How significant is the slowing down? (could you send comparative mp3s?) Please provide more details if you can.

Go Back to forum