• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some Percussion Samples always "wet"--?

Share/Bookmark

Some Percussion Samples always "wet"--?

I've been using some of the percussion instruments for the first time, and it seems that some are sampled "wet"--?

Naturally I want to work with dry sounds so that I can control the amount of reverb eventually added to them. The orchestral percussion may end up pretty wet there in the back row, but if some of the "toys" and cymbals are already wet...

Specifically, it seems the "ride" cymbals are already drenched. Sitting right there in the same instance of Kontact, where the Tympani, bass drum etc are perfectly dry--these cymbals sound very processed. So, I mean that I'm not accidentally adding ambience before I intend to.

Come to think of it, the Celesta seems wet also.

Are my ears hallucinating?

rbowser

Re: Some Percussion Samples always "wet"--?

You might just be hearing the natural LLLLLOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG decay of the sound. Cymbals and the celeseta are very ringie naturally. Actually, I noticed the same about some of the toys. I think the castenettes or something.

-Chris

Some of the samples do have natural reverb. I usually mix these in a separate instance so I can apply different or no reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I usually mix these in a separate instance so I can apply different or no reverb.
    Good idea, Haydn.

Go Back to forum