• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006+GPO: percussion rolls... Feedback wanted!

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006+GPO: percussion rolls... Feedback wanted!

Hi Finale 2006 gang,

I'd be curious to get your feedback about new 2006 percussion rolls, in particular:

- timpani rolls (various dynamics)
    - bass drum rolls (basic perc combo)
    - snare/side drum rolls (basic perc combo)
    - flams

Of course, HP pref "Humanize Rolls and trills" must be on (the case by default). This option includes a bunch of tricks to improve rolls in general. I believe that timpani rolls (in particular) have gotten extremely realistic, but I don't want to be the only one to think this!

Thanks
    R.

Re: Finale 2006+GPO: percussion rolls... Feedback wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Piéchaud
    Hi Finale 2006 gang,

I'd be curious to get your feedback about new 2006 percussion rolls, in particular:

- timpani rolls (various dynamics)
    - bass drum rolls (basic perc combo)
    - snare/side drum rolls (basic perc combo)
    - flams

R.
    Hi Robert,

Sorry this isn't a very constructive reply but I'm just about to start experimenting with this. I hope someone else can chip in here and provide some feedback. If 2006HP really does improve percussion rolls (and I'm sure it does), this will be a great step forward. Previously, I would spend hours trying to get this right so I'm really looking forward to getting going with this soon. Graham.

Just tried to fiddle a little with it - I created some crescendo rolls. The timpani and cymbal roll sounds great, the snare was a bit uneven, though (VERY humanized )

Wow, these rolls are fantastic. This type of playback lets the composer spend more time composing and less time drawing midi data in. I know that's how I prefer to work. And the improvements you've made you HP in 2006 over 2005 are incredible. Keep up the great work Robert.

Jeff

Go Back to forum