• Register
  • Help

Topic: 16th notes

Share/Bookmark

16th notes

All my other difficulties aside, I have noticed that I can write fairly lengthy pieces and all works well except when a series of 16th notes come along - then the play back slows to a crawl - as soon as the 16th notes are gone, everything goes back to normal. What am I doing wrong?

Re: 16th notes

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis
    All my other difficulties aside, I have noticed that I can write fairly lengthy pieces and all works well except when a series of 16th notes come along - then the play back slows to a crawl - as soon as the 16th notes are gone, everything goes back to normal. What am I doing wrong?
    Perhaps latency is set too low. Or polyphony too high. Reduce the polyphony where you can, especially timpani, which seem to generate this problem. Are you using the GPO studio, or VST? VST is considerably less taxing on your CPU.

Richard

Wow. Sounds like saturation of an inordinately slow MIDI interface - too many events for a given unit of time. Can you describe the music system you use? How many MIDI-clicks per second are you set to?

Steve

For me, GPO Studio is too laborious - I am using VST, I will check on the latency and polyphony settings.

As you can tell, I am very new to the program.

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Perhaps latency is set too low. Or polyphony too high. Reduce the polyphony where you can, especially timpani, which seem to generate this problem. Are you using the GPO studio, or VST? VST is considerably less taxing on your CPU.

Richard

I will have to check on the clicks per second - I am using Cubase LE, Omega Lexicon, and importing from Maestro music writing software.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell
    Wow. Sounds like saturation of an inordinately slow MIDI interface - too many events for a given unit of time. Can you describe the music system you use? How many MIDI-clicks per second are you set to?

Steve

Go Back to forum