• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Styxx And Stones" (a short 'tease')

Share/Bookmark

"Styxx And Stones" (a short 'tease')

Jazz Lovers,

Herewith is "Styxx And Stones", a short 'tease' of a big band jazz piece that I am writing to honor (Brit. - honour) our mutual forum friend, Styxx.

It will eventually feature all-GPO Jazz and Big Band samples. I should finish writing it soon. It will be in the neighborhood (Brit. - neighbourhood) of five minutes in length.

Regards,

LGA

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...xAndStones.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Cool Re: "Styxx And Stones" (a short 'tease')

Just when my day started to look very bleak and I am in total fear of loosing my job, Larry comes along and Lifts my spirits plus puts a smile on me face (god, my face hurts )
    Many many thanks Larry. I needed this in the worst way today. Got tears in me eyes, really. Was about to lose it until I saw this post and without listening you have helped me feel better.
    I can't wait to hear it using JABB! How did you do the drums real or step programming? Very cool and if there were a Beagle in the house he would be dancing as well! (Snoopy )
    Thanks again Larry. I am indebted to you for your kind thoughts and enormous endless talent!
    Got to listen to this again!
    Styxx

Re: "Styxx And Stones" (a short 'tease')

Sounds great! I love the tune, can't wait for you to finish, and for the JABB rendition!

It was also extremely nice of you to write a piece for Styxx! I am glad Styxx enjoyed it! Be well, Styxx!

Music is always a great gift.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Wonderful Larry!

The melody was superbly fantastic!

...Great fun

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Just when my day started to look very bleak and I am in total fear of loosing my job, Larry comes along and Lifts my spirits plus puts a smile on me face (god, my face hurts )
    Many many thanks Larry. I needed this in the worst way today. Got tears in me eyes, really. Was about to lose it until I saw this post and without listening you have helped me feel better.
    I can't wait to hear it using JABB! How did you do the drums real or step programming? Very cool and if there were a Beagle in the house he would be dancing as well! (Snoopy )
    Thanks again Larry. I am indebted to you for your kind thoughts and enormous endless talent!
    Got to listen to this again!
    You deserve good things, Mikey and I'm just doing my small part to help it come to pass.

I key in the percussion parts with my mouse one beat at a time.

There will be some "trading fours" drum solo breaks in it. Would you like to write them? Let me know. Here's your chance to 'show up' the old man.

My best to you,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Sounds great! I love the tune, can't wait for you to finish, and for the JABB rendition!

It was also extremely nice of you to write a piece for Styxx! I am glad Styxx enjoyed it! Be well, Styxx!

Music is always a great gift.
    Thank you, S. P.

Mikey (Styxx) has always been very nice to me and supportive also so I thought that I would do something for him.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    Wonderful Larry!

The melody was superbly fantastic!

...Great fun

Thanks very much.

It will eventually feature five GPO saxes, four trumpets, four 'bones, piano, bass, drums, guitar and kazoo. No, everything is true except the kazoo.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: "Styxx And Stones" (a short 'tease')

SIMPLY GREAT LARRY!!!!
    This is a very good piece and Styxx is a very music connoisseur and not only...
    Mikey deserves this and much more, of course.
    Thank you for make us hear this gift for Styxx....... or it is better Styxx for gift!!!
    My very best to you Larry and of course to you Styxx!!!!!

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    SIMPLY GREAT LARRY!!!!
    This is a very good piece and Styxx is a very music connoisseur and not only...
    Mikey deserves this and much more, of course.
    Thank you for make us hear this gift for Styxx....... or it is better Styxx for gift!!!
    My very best to you Larry and of course to you Styxx!!!!!

Roberto
    I appreciate it, Rob.

This is just a very small part of what the work will eventually be.

Best regards to our Italiano friend.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thumbs up Re: "Styxx And Stones" (a short 'tease')

YES! It must be finished, it sounds so good.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast