• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What's a great acoustic guitar library?

Share/Bookmark

What's a great acoustic guitar library?

Although I made my "name" on the coffeehouse circuit fingerpicking a steel string guitar, I find that I can actually play acoustic guitar on the keyboards pretty well now...my brain seems to have "mapped" what I did when fingerpicking the guitar back to the keys...to get the same sound. There are things I can do with the keyboards that I could not really do on the guitar. It's hard to explain, but true. Think intricate Leo Kottke-style things.

Maybe I'll post something eventually to illustrate.

Anyway, I like the steel string guitar on Kontakt-2. But since I am going to devote more effort to this "keyboard fingerpicking thing", I thought it would be good to find out what some of the best libraries are.

Got any suggestions for me?

Thanks.

Wink Re: What's a great acoustic guitar library?

Hans Zimmer Guitars from Ilio.com

Re: What's a great acoustic guitar library?

If you're open to trying nylon, look at vsl.co.at.

They have a concert guitar lib that's probably as amazing as their other stuff.

Belbin

If you use Logic, I find the Garage Band acoustic guitar to be excellent!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Real Guitar is fantastic. Very deep and includes,naturally, the squeaks and slides of live playing not to mention fret positionsmbody resonance etc. Just a fantastic piece of software. Strumming on this is VERY believable. Other than that Zimmer guitars are nice as well. Ultimate sound bank is ok too. I use 6 different sources for acoustic guitar but Real Guitar is a Real go-to. Have fun!

I also highly recommend RealGuitar, it's fantastic. Version 2.0 is coming and looks to add some great features. Go to www.musiclab.com and check out the videos for RealGuitar 2.0, they're very impressive.

As a guitar player, I shook my head when I tried the RealGuitar demo. I just want sounds I can trigger ...not to be pushing keys to make slide sounds and pushing keys to strum my notes. Gheez...just sounds please.

I too have gotten pretty good over the years at translating my guitar thinking to how I hit the keyboard keys. The RealGuitar concept just screws that all up ..for me anyway. Another thing about Realguitar is that they supposidly have some sort of killer guitar patch that is miles above whatever else is in there.....but the killer one isn't included with the demo. So I have no idea how good it really is. As I remember, I wasn't impressed by the mp3 demos on the company site.

One thing I didn't take the time to figure out about Realguitar though is if the raw guitar sounds can be triggered from an outside keyboard alone without having to use that bizarro interface. Maybe someone here can elaborate on that.

I think Yellow Tools has a good acoustic guitar library..but I hardly ever hear anything about that one.

I'm not being much help here huh.

Quote Originally Posted by clonewar
    I also highly recommend RealGuitar, it's fantastic. Version 2.0 is coming and looks to add some great features. Go to www.musiclab.com and check out the videos for RealGuitar 2.0, they're very impressive.
    All I can say: Go for Real Guitar. It´s such fun to play and RG 2.0 seems to include even more useful playing techniques. These russian programmers are awesome (and extremely friendly). If you need some more exotic sounds then buy Hans Zimmer´s library. This combination should include everything you would ever need in terems of acoustic guitars (but never say ever)
    Regards
    Raindog

I’ve always thought the ElectroAcoustic VSTi from www.dasample.com has a nice steel string tone. At $79.90 I think it’s a pretty good deal. A couple of short demos from the website:

www.dasample.com/demos/EA%20-%20Demo1.mp3

www.dasample.com/demos/EA%20-%20Demo2.mp3

/Yoss

Soundwise, I still prefer the acoustic guitar that is on Hans Zimmer Vol. 2, even though the size of the instrument isn't larger than 32MB. I would love Bob Daspit to go back to the same instrument he used for that library and sample it to today's standards (more of everything). I consider it my personal holy grail. When I look at today's market, I'm amazed at the shortage of the contemporary acoustic guitar libraries (steel and nylon). The demos of the Real Guitar plug can't charm me one bit.

Hans Zimmer Vol. 2

------------
    Alex Cremers

Go Back to forum