• Register
  • Help

Topic: can I open multiple instances of GPO standalone in Mac?

Share/Bookmark

can I open multiple instances of GPO standalone in Mac?

It seems like if this is possible perhaps I can get MidiOverLan to work with GPO. Thanks for any help!
    - robjohn

Re: can I open multiple instances of GPO standalone in Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn
    It seems like if this is possible perhaps I can get MidiOverLan to work with GPO. Thanks for any help!
    - robjohn
    Anybody? :-)

Anybody? :-)
    I just tried and I couldn't get it to open more than one instance, but I am not a MAC guru. Perhaps Karl Garrett or DPDAN could confirm?
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Robjon, I don't use GPO on my Mac, but it does work beautifully on the Mac within Digital Performer.

I'm not so sure that was any help

Dan

Yes, it is possible. You can just create a new folder and option drag the GPO application into the new folder and so on. I have two controlled separately from two keyboards by setting the midi input to each controller in GPO preferences. I was able to load three instances of GPO on my iMac G5 1.8 with 1 GB of RAM. You can also play them at the same time from one keyboard but I got a lot of noise doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Yes, it is possible. You can just create a new folder and option drag the GPO application into the new folder and so on. I have two controlled separately from two keyboards by setting the midi input to each controller in GPO preferences. I was able to load three instances of GPO on my iMac G5 1.8 with 1 GB of RAM. You can also play them at the same time from one keyboard but I got a lot of noise doing this.
    You don't realize the extent to which you've just saved the day for me so thanks so much. This will allow me to use Overture 4 on my lower-powered PC and connect to my more powerful Mac G5 on which I will play my GPO sounds (at least until Overture 4 for Mac comes out!), using MidiOverLan. Thanks again!!
    - robjohn

You don't realize the extent to which you've just saved the day for me so thanks so much. This will allow me to use Overture 4 on my lower-powered PC and connect to my more powerful Mac G5 on which I will play my GPO sounds (at least until Overture 4 for Mac comes out!), using MidiOverLan. Thanks again!!
    - robjohn
    robjohn:

Interesting. Seems like a nice setup for MIDI, but how will you get the audio out of the Mac after finishing your MIDI tracks if that's what you intend to do? I'm not that familiar with MOL except that most folks have a problem getting the audio out of the second computer.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    robjohn:

Interesting. Seems like a nice setup for MIDI, but how will you get the audio out of the Mac after finishing your MIDI tracks if that's what you intend to do? I'm not that familiar with MOL except that most folks have a problem getting the audio out of the second computer.

Jack
    I presume most people want to import the resulting audio back into a program like ProTools or Logic on the originating computer for further editing. In my case, I merely want to hear the finished product, so I simply go audio out of my Mac's built-in sound card to my speakers...
    Best!
    - robjohn

Go Back to forum