• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Regarding a minor mishap

Regarding a minor mishap

It has been a while since my last post.

With all the serious problems in the news lately it has been more in the nature of a minor difficulty, but, while playing frisbee on Labor Day weekend I went outside my range of motion, fell hard, and broke my hip. Luckily it was a clean break and I got a good doctor.

Surgery went well and as these things go my healing has been extremely rapid (the doctor initially said that it could take as long as three months to heal enough for me to put weight on the effected leg but yesterday I got the go ahead and its only been about 5 weeks.) For what its worth I attribute much of this to my wife (whose support has been heroic), taiji (which teaches a person to empty the weight out of a foot thereby enabling me to avoid jarring the healing fracture) and the right supplements (bio-available forms of calcium and various co-factors--magnesium, vitamin D, etc.)

I've missed you folks. Early on my nephew set up my computers where I'm recuperating so I could compose and take care of business but it was only relatively recently that I've had internet access. And I didn't have an awful lot of spare energy since it takes more effort than you might think to learn how to hop around an apartment on one foot.

By the way, it might interest you to know that in the first days after the accident once when I felt a little glum for a moment I imagined a few messages of support and encouragement that I might have recieved if you'd known what happenned. Strange as it might sound that helped a lot.

As always my best wishes to you

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Regarding a minor mishap

Chet, for crying out loud ... we're always here for you bud!! I'm so sorry you had to go through this minor mishap but happy to see you are doing so well. I knew there was something missing from the forum.
    So, I take it we're going to hear some fantastic compositions soon? Hey, wives are great aren't they and sounds like you have one of the best!
    Nice to have you back (in one piece).

Re: Regarding a minor mishap

Welcome back, Chet.

And here's to a continued speedy recovery!

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Welcome back, Chet, and we're all glad to hear you're on the mend so well and so rapidly.

No stranger to bunging up body parts, I most emphatically sympathize with your ordeal.

Hey, just from personal experience, I'd recommend against taking up bungy-cord jumping anytime soon... lol.

My best,

I hope you get back to normal real soon Chet!
    Thanks for posting and filling us in. This is indeed a great community, but the more copies of GPO that sells, the easier it is going to be for someone to not post for a while and not be misssd right away. Forgive us for not checking in on you.

Thanks Chet!

This time last year I was in a similar post-operative scenario, so you have my full sympathies. On the upside I listened to more music in 3 months, than I had in 10 years. It seemed to lift the spirit away from the pain racked thing below, and allow the body to put all its energy into healing.
    Its amazing what we take for granted till it is taken away from us isn't it?

Ouch! Sorry you took a nasty fall, but it's good to know you're alright and doing well. Glad to see you have access to the forum again!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

My wife and I thank you for the kind words. We were just now able to read them because the phone system here went out shortly after I made my post and just recently came back (like in the last 15 minutes). Quite the bizzare occurance.

Thanks again.

Yeah I'm a lucky man.

As to the compositions I don't know if fantastic says it, they are (so far anyway) all sort of minimalist back to the roots sort of things--the kind of things I used to do when I played in bands some 30 years ago. But very satisfying. I need to figure out a way to post some of them. I had some problems transfering large (over 3 megabyte) files that I haven't solved yet.

Best wishes

Thanks for the good wishes.

I'm a little unsteady on my feet but everything is going well.

Go Back to forum