• Register
  • Help

Topic: ABIT KR7A-133 Motherboard - Any good?

Share/Bookmark

ABIT KR7A-133 Motherboard - Any good?

I am thinking of upgrading my computer and have been looking into using the ABIT KR7A-133 motherboard with AMD XP1800+ processor, 512mb DDR Ram (PC2100) and an 80GB 7.2k hard drive for audio and a 12GB 5.4k for OS.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar set-up. Is this a good idea? Any issues to be wary of?

Thanks

Re: ABIT KR7A-133 Motherboard - Any good?

Mark UK

The ABIT KR7A is a great motherboard. I\'ve built several gigastudio systems with it and the XP 1600+ CPU. 512MB PC2100 RAM and an 80gig IBM giga drive.

The systems have worked out great. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that the mobo\'s bios is up to date and that you have the newest version of the VIA 4 in 1 drivers and of course the newest hardware drivers for your components.

good luck!

- Matt

*delete*

[This message has been edited by Mark UK (edited 04-16-2002).]

Hey Mark

What OS are you using? also how much ram... what kind of chip configuration? I\'m just curious here, also.. what version of Gigastudio are you running.

I\'m always interested in figuring these things out.

- Matt

I

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattsteuart:
    Hey Mark

What OS are you using? also how much ram... what kind of chip configuration? I\'m just curious here, also.. what version of Gigastudio are you running.

I\'m always interested in figuring these things out.

- Matt

I
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Matt

I am using an Win XP with 512mb DD ram... with an ABIT KR7A-133 motherboard running Giga 2.5 final updated version.... with a seagate barracuda 80gb as the main hd partition equally - with giga on one and patches on the other.

[This message has been edited by Mark UK (edited 04-16-2002).]

Hey Mark.

So your problem is that gigastudio seems to be using more ram than it did before? or you\'re Task Manager RAM graph and the gigastudio ram meter are different?

sorry to keep asking questions

I really have no idea what the shop has done but my problem seems to have been fixed! Hoorah!

I added another 512mb (now have 1GB DD Ram) and the machine is running very nicely!

Thanks

Go Back to forum