• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 – Does it really sound any better?

GS3 – Does it really sound any better?

Honestly folks, does it make the samples sound better than 2? Based on all the problems that I’ve read in this forum, it would have sound infinitely better to prompt me to upgrade.

Thanks, RC

Winsted, CT

Re: GS3 – Does it really sound any better?

You have to remember that on any forum like this, you mostly hear about peoples problems. The vast majority don’t have problems, and don’t post here because they’re busy doing their work.

If you had no problems with Giga 2.x, then it’s likely that you won’t have any problems with Giga 3. And visa versa.

I personally don't notice any difference in the sound, but then I'm the sort of person who laughs when someone boasts that they are recording at 96kHz, when the track is hardly worth recording at all!!
    However, I can say that GS3 has greatly increased my workflow, as programming for me is much quicker due to the added number of dimensions available.

Brighton, U.K.

How could it make the samples sound better? Surely the samples sound exactly the same as they always have because the samples' raw waveforms are unchanged.

The only things that would improve the output sound would be the effects processing, such as Gigapulse, 24-Bit/96kHz instrument support, and increased polyphony.

The new features are mainly opperational and compatibility enhancements:

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

GigaPulse can really transform some sample collections. It's one of the best sounding convolvers on the market, with a very unique set of capabilities. So, if you're rolling GigaPulse into the equation, then yes, GigaStudio 3.0 can make your libraries sound remarkably better in some cases.I concur with Bill on paying too much attention to problem reports. The vast majority of users don't have problems. Those who do are understandably frustrated. There are a lot of very high profile, busy, people who depend upon GigaStudio daily...so it's not some sketchy thing at all.

Go Back to forum