• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gypsy Quartet

Gypsy Quartet

Though this is not fully realized, I thought I would put it out here for any comments good and bad. The piece has a mid-european flavor. It has not had much work in dynamics and was rendered directly from Finale 2002 using the GPO Studio recorder.

Give some comments!

Re: Gypsy Quartet

I really did enjoy listening to this! It's very dancy in my very odd opinion (yes, you should expect these a lot....)

So, erm... If you could make more music of this style, then great! Because I really do appreciate this kind of music a lot.

♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Cata: Thanks a lot, I appreciate the comment.

Very effectively captures that "gypsy flavor", RichR.

I hope you'll go back and work over the dynamics and tempi on this to bring out the best of it.

The notes of a fine piece are surely there; but this is begging you for just a little more kindness to make it truly sing!

Wine Country, Colorado

I am a fan of Gypsy music and this excellent. I agree with David, some tweaking will make this already superb piece even better. Good job!
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thanks for the comments, Valhalx and etLux. I will certainly put more effort into this piece. I'm not quite sure what direction it's headed (musical form speaking) so it is just a rough sketch at this moment in time.

Go Back to forum