• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Big Band demo ?!?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Big Band demo ?!?

Hello,

I'm waiting to hear a big band demo made with the upcoming JABB library. I'll surely purchase it for a next stage band project so it should be interesting to have a "little" demo to see what I could do.

Thanks guys !

Re: Garritan Big Band demo ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    Hello,

I'm waiting to hear a big band demo made with the upcoming JABB library. I'll surely purchase it for a next stage band project so it should be interesting to have a "little" demo to see what I could do.

Thanks guys !
    I'll be preparing both section and full big band demos soon but, now that the programming of the project has been put to bed, I'm planning on taking a much needed break before I dive into that one. The next few months will also bring many initial user big band demos, I'm sure.

Tom

Tom,

Congratulations on finishing this project. Have a good break and a few beers. Forget sampling and go listen to and play some real music!

The user demos will be posted just as soon as we get our dirty little hands on the JABB DVD.

Drooling.........
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    now that the programming of the project has been put to bed, I'm planning on taking a much needed break
    Saaaay, what kind of programmer are you, anyway? Don't you know that kind of talk could cost you your pocket protector?

I know what you guys go through during the release crunch. I don't miss those days at all. If I were in your shoes, I'd sleep for a week. But then, I had to turn in my pocket protector, too...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    Hello,

Thanks guys !
    As Tom mentioned, once people start playing with it there will be more demos, and we'll also be doing some feature shows on the Composer Channel just as soon as some music starts getting to us. I love this kind of stuff, so I can't wait to start getting the submissions & doing the shows!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    we'll also be doing some feature shows on the Composer Channel just as soon as some music starts getting to us.
    Is the Composer Channel starting up again? I thought you shut it down.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    Is the Composer Channel starting up again? I thought you shut it down.
    That was a brief outage because I had some time management problems to work out. It was only down for a couple of days, and in fact new GPO Variety Hour shows were just added to the schedule last week.

We're still trying to get some scheduling things worked out on hosted shows (everyone involved has absolutely crazy lives, including me!), and hope to be doing more of those soon as well.

The Composer Channel is alive and well, with people around the world listening to your music 24/7.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Great to hear, Christopher! (apologies to op for the sidetrack...)

Of course I always see the bad news and miss the good. I think I'll gather up a few new things to send you.
    - Jamie Kowalski

... and now unsidetracking...

Have you seen this? -- > Garritan JABB demos
    - Jamie Kowalski

Go Back to forum