• Register
  • Help

Topic: Buying GPO, or is there something on the horizon?

Share/Bookmark

Buying GPO, or is there something on the horizon?

I came close to buying GPO a year or so ago, then i had a major economical crisis. Still recovering, but things are looking up and i'm looking to give myself an early christmas present.

I just wanted to know if there was some new simular to GPO on the horizon? It's been out a while, and it would feel stupid to spend the money only to find out about "the new and much better version out soon" just after you bought it.

Is Garritan working on something new, simular to GPO? Couldn't find any info so i don't think so, but it can't hurt to ask.

Re: Buying GPO, or is there something on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tocca
    I came close to buying GPO a year or so ago, then i had a major economical crisis. Still recovering, but things are looking up and i'm looking to give myself an early christmas present.

I just wanted to know if there was some new simular to GPO on the horizon? It's been out a while, and it would feel stupid to spend the money only to find out about "the new and much better version out soon" just after you bought it.

Is Garritan working on something new, simular to GPO? Couldn't find any info so i don't think so, but it can't hurt to ask.
    As it appears to me, all the new things from Gary will be additional features,such as additional instrument libraries, or custom versions tailored to Sibelius, Finale, etc. I don't see gpo becoming obsolete.

Richard

GPO Advanced will be available soon, probably in a matter of months. There's been some discussion of it on this forum.

There will be an upgrade path for current GPO owners, so go ahead and buy it now if you want.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    GPO Advanced will be available soon, probably in a matter of months. There's been some discussion of it on this forum.

There will be an upgrade path for current GPO owners, so go ahead and buy it now if you want.
    And don't forget about GPO Jazz & Big Band coming out probably this month!
    - robjohn

One of the very cool things about Gary's products is that he never leaves anyone stranded. If you buy GPO today and decide to buy additional products from him in the future, you'll find that he's very generous with his upgrades, etc. And to reflect what others have said, his new stuff is simply more goodies to add to your recording and ocmposing tool kit, and won't make any of his other libraries obsolete.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Tocca,

GPO may be a fantastic product for the money, but- more importantly- it's just a fantastic product, period. You won't go wrong and you'll never look back.

Hi,

go to www.garritan.com and scroll down to the bottom. You can find official information about GPO Advanced.

Regards

Ok, thanks everyone. Seems i'm off to buy GPO soon then, next salary sounds like a good time.

Waking up my old thread.
    I said i was going to buy GPO in October, almost did. But what do you know, the car brakes down and left me with a repairbill of $2500. Sigh.

Well, the good news is that i've come up with the money now. GPO is ordered and i'll pick it up Monday (together with a M-Audio 88ES keyboard, an extra 1GB of ram and a new soundcard). Now i'll have to live on bread and water for a couple of months... I'm sure it'll be worth it, don't think i'll have time to eat anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocca
    I'm sure it'll be worth it, don't think i'll have time to eat anyway.
    Or sleep. .You will have loads of fun though.
    regards

Go Back to forum