• Register
  • Help

Topic: Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

Share/Bookmark

Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

It is so strange.

I have upgraded to an AMD XP1800+ with 512MB DDR ram and I cannot even load a single instrument from the Dan Dean solo woodwinds or brass library! The message error reads:

\"Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file. Unable to allocate the memory required to download the instrument\"

The CPU is sitting at 5% and no other instruments are loaded. I have Gigastudio loaded on a separate HD drive to the giga files. (C and E drives)

Can anyone suggest something to solve this problem? For example, the french horn patch I am trying to load is only 5MB, and with nothing else loaded, it is unable to load due to insufficient memory.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Re: Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

Look for a program called Cacheman. There is a setting on the \"Tweaks\" tab for page file IO size (or something like that). Move the slider all the way up (to the right). That fixed the problem for me when I had the same issue.

Re: Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

Thanks for your reply.

I got so lost in all the technical problems that the guys who built my system are having a look at it and re-configuring the system.

If the problem remains when they have finished, I will certainly do as you suggested. Pity I didn\'t try this before sending off the computer!

Thanks

Mark

Go Back to forum