• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Topic: Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    183

    Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

    It is so strange.

    I have upgraded to an AMD XP1800+ with 512MB DDR ram and I cannot even load a single instrument from the Dan Dean solo woodwinds or brass library! The message error reads:

    \"Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file. Unable to allocate the memory required to download the instrument\"

    The CPU is sitting at 5% and no other instruments are loaded. I have Gigastudio loaded on a separate HD drive to the giga files. (C and E drives)

    Can anyone suggest something to solve this problem? For example, the french horn patch I am trying to load is only 5MB, and with nothing else loaded, it is unable to load due to insufficient memory.

    Thanks in advance

    Mark

  2. #2

    Re: Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

    Look for a program called Cacheman. There is a setting on the \"Tweaks\" tab for page file IO size (or something like that). Move the slider all the way up (to the right). That fixed the problem for me when I had the same issue.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    183

    Re: Error Code 5 - There was a problem with the Gigastudio file

    Thanks for your reply.

    I got so lost in all the technical problems that the guys who built my system are having a look at it and re-configuring the system.

    If the problem remains when they have finished, I will certainly do as you suggested. Pity I didn\'t try this before sending off the computer!

    Thanks

    Mark

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •