• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reinstalling Sonar 4PE

Share/Bookmark

Reinstalling Sonar 4PE

Hi guys,

I've had to do a software rebuild of my DAW. I've sussed how to deactivate and do new activations for NI stuff (obviously GPO was the first thing to go back on the system ), but having searched the Sonar forum and FAQ's, I can't find any info on reinstalling Sonar 4 Producer.

Is it just stick the disk in, install and enter the serial number on the box, or is there some activation or registration process that I need to go through too?

Apologies for the dumb question, but I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks,
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Reinstalling Sonar 4PE

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Hi guys,

I've had to do a software rebuild of my DAW. I've sussed how to deactivate and do new activations for NI stuff (obviously GPO was the first thing to go back on the system ), but having searched the Sonar forum and FAQ's, I can't find any info on reinstalling Sonar 4 Producer.

Is it just stick the disk in, install and enter the serial number on the box, or is there some activation or registration process that I need to go through too?

Apologies for the dumb question, but I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks,
    Richard,
    I'm pretty sure you just need the serial number from the box. I had to do a rebuild a couple of months ago and don't remember anything special about Sonar.
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Re: Reinstalling Sonar 4PE

Thanks Jim, you've put my mind at rest.

Cheers.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum