• Register
  • Help

Topic: the old drag and drop problem

the old drag and drop problem

I'm using Logic 6.4.3 with Stylus RMX. Everytime I try to use the drag and drop option Logic crashes. I know that this is a well-known problem and that there are several solutions for it, but I tried all of them and none worked. My Spectrasonics folder has all read and write permissions and I'm using only one midi device. Can anybody help me? I really like to work with Stylus and I hope for quick help.

Greets PRSTom

Apple Powerbook 1GHz, 1GB Ram, Yamaha 01x

Sorry for my English;-)

Re: the old drag and drop problem

Please help me!!

The solution should be one of those two things. There's no problem with RMX drag and drop and Logic 6.42, so it must be something wrong in your system.

Contact tech support about it and they can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Also, be sure to include your serial number in the email.

There's only one known cause for a drag-and-drop crash, and that's the "large number of midi devices" issue. Are you certain you don't have more midi devices defined in audio midi setup? What happens if you drag a midi file from your desktop into Logic?

- Glenn

Hi Glenn,

yes I'm sure. I have only the 01x as a midi device. Dragging from desktop works.

In that case, no, this isn't a well-known problem. In fact, I've never heard of it before. Contact tech support at info@spectrasonics.net for help.

- Glenn

Well, then I'll try the support.

Thanks for your help.

Go Back to forum