• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Myst V soundtrack released and VGL

Myst V soundtrack released and VGL

...For those of you who might be interested, the soundtrack to Myst V has just been released. You can order it through the Cyan soundtrack page.

Also, don't forget that the VGL tour starts up again in Seattle on the 29th and continues on from there. You can check out the schedule
    here. The concert features music from Myst, URU, Final Fantasy and many more. I'll be at the composer meet and greet in Seattle starting at 5:30 for anyone attending that concert. Please stop by and say hello.

Re: Myst V soundtrack released and VGL

Congrats, Tim!!
    Sam Hulick

Thumbs up Re: Myst V soundtrack released and VGL

The lates issue of PCGAMER, December 2005, says about Mist V: "HIGHS:...;good graphics and soundtrack;..."
    Getting those guys to even notice the soundtrack is a triumph. Congratulations Tim!
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music

Thanks Doyle, and Sam.
    I was impressed that PC Gamer noticed it. I think one of their other comments was something about how adventure games never die, they just get uninstalled to make room for Quake....
    I thought it was sad but funny. It is the last of the series as well, which is also a bit sad.
    Seems like there is so many great opportunities for music in adventure games, and the genre is dying, which as a result, leads to smaller and smaller budgets for them, as was the case with Myst V. I see more companies that produce avdenture games going overseas and cutting corners wherever possible. It's funny when it seems that the exact opposite has been happening in tv and film where the adventure genre seems to have flourished as of late. Interesting genre balance from games to movies. Wonder where that will lead...

Congrats Tim,
    Myst was the first game that really caught my ear. Before that it it was all little blips and bleeps. My daughter and I were addicted for the while and the audio and music were two reasons to stick around and play.

Keith Kehrer
    Kamakaze Music

Congratulations Tim, I think Ill have to buy this cd and claim it as "research".
    - SCA - Sound Studios -

big congrats Tim looking forward to hearing it ..

a question... what happened to jack wall? didn't he do myst IV. did you take over an inhouse job or something

well done

Great work, Tim. I'll definitely pick up a copy. Don't know if it will arrive by next Saturday, but I'm definitely going to make the effort to come to the meet-and-greet. I've got great seats for the show and I'm really looking forward to it!

Best wishes!

Long story Fitch. In a nutshell though, the license was sold by Cyan to Mattell, who was bought several times until Ubi ended up with the license. During the time that Myst III and IV were being produced by Presto and Ubi, Cyan was doing URU, Ages Beyond Myst that I was working on at Cyan. After URU was completed, Ubi actually had us produce the last game they had license to, Myst V. So we were creating a game for Ubi who purchased the license from Cyan several years before. Quite a circle.

Very interesting story Tim, and thanks for sharing the release info with us! Planning to pick it up some time, soon hopefully.

Also regarding VGL, I live in the Seattle area, so I'll most definately show up for the meet and greet I look forward to meeting you and other folks there!

Go Back to forum