• Register
  • Help

Topic: can I save multi's in Standalone mode?

Share/Bookmark

can I save multi's in Standalone mode?

I need to use several instances of GPO in Standalone mode to get it to work optimally with MidiOverLan. Is there any way to save the instruments I've loaded in so that I don't have to reload them each time?

Thanks for any help!
    - robjohn
    Pentium III 933 Mhz with Windows XP; Delta 66 audio card; midisport 2x2 midi interface; Roland XP-30 as input/output PLUS: Powermac dual 2 Ghz with 3 Gigs Ram, built-in audio; midisport 2x2 interface; GPO

Re: can I save multi's in Standalone mode?

Seriously, go to

www.xt-hq.com and buy energyXT. You can run it in Standalone mode and it will take your midi-in's (MoL) and send them to as many instances of GPO that you need and you can route them to your effects and just save the .ext file when you're set up how you like it.

You won't even have to interact with the sequencer and all that in eXT. Its a very powerful program.

Another alternative is Bidule from Plogue.

Re: can I save multi's in Standalone mode?

Hi Joseph!
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm actually looking for something that can host the VSTs on a Mac. Since my post I actually found just such a program that I love called RAX from:

http://www.grantedsw.com/rax/

You can load in as many GPO's as MidiOverLan can send and apply Audio Unit effects. So I'm FINALLY set (!) Thanks again, though -
    - robjohn

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Seriously, go to

www.xt-hq.com and buy energyXT. You can run it in Standalone mode and it will take your midi-in's (MoL) and send them to as many instances of GPO that you need and you can route them to your effects and just save the .ext file when you're set up how you like it.

You won't even have to interact with the sequencer and all that in eXT. Its a very powerful program.

Another alternative is Bidule from Plogue.

Go Back to forum