• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ambience plug-in

Share/Bookmark

Ambience plug-in

where do I find the ambience component to install it? I don't see it on my install disks.

Peter

Re: Ambience plug-in

Quote Originally Posted by p8guitar
    where do I find the ambience component to install it? I don't see it on my install disks.

Peter

Hi...it should be just one .dll file on the disk with the "extras." As I recall, it doesn't auto-install; you just have to drag it into the folder in which you store VST instruments.

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

On the 4th CD, in "The Ambience Reverb" folder, you'll find Ambience Setup.exe as well as Garritan Ambience.dll.

Quote Originally Posted by p8guitar

Peter
    Hi Peter,

you're having the group buy GPO? This is a special edition with only 3 CDs. The reverb plugin you're missing is available for download. Take a look at Garys website: http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html ("AMBIENCE REVERB" is your friend!)

Hope that helps.

Regards

Kai

thanks a lot! yes, I have the group buy cds. But I wonder how I could miss the download on the page, it's not in the small print... ;-)

Peter

Does anyone know how to run both the Ambience Garritan version and the Ambience Shareware version together at the same time?

I am using Logic Pro under OSX Tiger and if you put both plug-ins into the Components folder only the Garritan version shows up as an option in Logic. In other words, the Garritan version overrides the Shareware version of Ambience, instead of allowing both to be used.

Why do I care? Because each version has different factory presets to choose from... Garritan's are optimized for things like concert halls, churches, etc. while the Shareware version has a wide range of presets including drum rooms, vocal rooms, etc.

Any hints appreciated. FH

Are they both named the same? If so, then rename the shareware version - that should let it appear. I've never used Logic so I don't know if there's some sort of plug-in manager or utility you need to run. If so, you may want to do that as well to update your list within Logic.

Thanks, but I tried that and it doesn't work. It looks like the filename you give it is not the plug-in's embedded name that Logic seems to use for it. I have tried running the Audio Units manager that comes with Logic and that did not help to recognize both versions. The Garritan version of Ambience always overrides the Shareware version. I have sent an email to Magnus at Smartelectronix to see if he will respond and tell me how to get both working together. Thanks for your tips. Any other ideas appreciated. FH

Go Back to forum