• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jazz and Big band DEMOS, what's the dealage?

Share/Bookmark

Jazz and Big band DEMOS, what's the dealage?

Friends, Romans, Yentilmen....where are these big band demos?

We don't need to hear the piano, bs, drms demos..we've heard it all before. We also don't need to hear solo sax or brass playing UNISON lines, we need to hear the one demo that has never been done before: full big band, so we can hear how the sections blend within themselves and with each other when fully harmonized. Come on for the love of Lilly St. Cyr, get them demos out already!

So many people have been waiting for a big band library to come out of the closet . The single thing we want most is to be able to blend studio horns and we need to hear how they sound together.

At the bottom of the "demos" page it says that full demos will be posted in the coming weeks/months. Well nothing has been posted since the original stuff and it's getting ri-dyke-ulous. Please post some real demos. This would be like if you did an orchestral sample library and the only thing on the demos page was an mp3 of snare drum rolls. Consider what the consumer is interested in! The only reason people will buy this library is for the ability of these horns to blend, not for the rhodes sound (there's a million great rhodes patches out there)!

Get it togeth my brothers, get it togeth. Lets put some demos out there that actually demonstrate what people will buy this product for. Or do the horns just not sound good when blended together in harmony? Oooh...maybe 'ol Shnurg just stumbled on something there.
    All I know is, nobody's going to buy this thing for the drumset patches, so you really ought to get some real demos up my brothers.

I've been waiting for a Big band library since my grundle was bare, but I won't buy this one just because it's the first to come along. I'll buy it when I hear demos of blended, harmonized horns that sound amazing.

Love,
    Lt. Ralph Rolfret, Esq. III

PS: I think your products sound amazing across the board. You have a deserved reputation for consistancy in both quality and unparalleled value. Keep up the goo; the goo, my brothers.

Re: Jazz and Big band DEMOS, what's the dealage?

Patience grasshopper

Sorry, but I've not yet received the Garritan Patient Consumer upgrade yet!

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    Sorry, but I've not yet received the Garritan Patient Consumer upgrade yet!

- m
    That's a good one,

Dan

Gary and Tom -- I know you're very busy, so I'd be happy to mock-up a big band demo to appease the crowds...

Just send me an advance copy and I'll get to work right away .

Heeheehee.
    chris.

P.S.

I predict that the Demo page is going to be overrun with JABB demos very soon.

It is going to be brilliant and jazztastic and I bet there will be some surprises for those who think they know what sort of demos us subversive, inderground uncultured thugs are going to produce.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

JABB A HOAX!!

After a very clever attempt to fool the public it has been revealed that the Jazz & Big Band library was just a hoax. Just like the Apollo moon landing, the piltdown man and crop circles!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    JABB A HOAX!!

After a very clever attempt to fool the public it has been revealed that the Jazz & Big Band library was just a hoax. Just like the Apollo moon landing, the piltdown man and crop circles!

CNN Newsflash!!!!!!

In a related event, it can now be revealed that vast hordes of crazed digital musicians have stormed Orcas Island this evening! The unruly mob, bearing torches, pitchforks, and flaming hardware samplers tore the small island apart in search of one, Gary Garritan, Chairman and Chief Traveling Salesman for Garritan Personal Orchestra INC, a leading computer-based musical samples library. According to our sources at the scene, Mr. Garritan was not located by the mob.

The Bush Administration, in an attempt to stop the unrest from spreading across the nation, dispatched former FEMA Director Michael D. Brown to the area. Mr. Brown offered to provide a copy of a competing library, at government expense, to each member of the angry mob who would disperse. Unfortunately, the mob, shouting "Hell No...We won't go!" turned on Brownie and lynched him at the ferry landing...

Still photos to follow shortly, with film at 11:00.

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    CNN Newsflash!!!!!!

In a related event, it can now be revealed that vast hordes of crazed digital musicians have stormed Orcas Island this evening! The unruly mob, bearing torches, pitchforks, and flaming hardware samplers tore the small island apart in search of one, Gary Garritan, Chairman and Chief Traveling Salesman for Garritan Personal Orchestra INC, a leading computer-based musical samples library. According to our sources at the scene, Mr. Garritan was not located by the mob.

The Bush Administration, in an attempt to stop the unrest from spreading across the nation, dispatched former FEMA Director Michael D. Brown to the area. Mr. Brown offered to provide a copy of a competing library, at government expense, to each member of the angry mob who would disperse. Unfortunately, the mob, shouting "Hell No...We won't go!" turned on Brownie and lynched him at the ferry landing...

Still photos to follow shortly, with film at 11:00.

;-)
    Yeah, like Michael Brown would get there that fast!

We're getting close....

Go Back to forum