• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Sibelius Edition

Share/Bookmark

GPO Sibelius Edition

Is there more info than this?
    http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo_sibelius/
    Do owners of Sibelius 4 and GPO need to buy the GPO Sibelius Edition?
    Thanks,
    Serge

Re: GPO Sibelius Edition

Yes, you would have to buy the Sibelius GPO version. If you used regular GPO you would have to use the GPO Studio just like with Sibelius 3. It is unfortunate that Sibelius don't seem to be bundling the GPO with Sib 4 like Finale are doing with their latest version. But who knows? Maybe there will be some kind of discount for current GPO users (wishful thinking).

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    ...But who knows? Maybe there will be some kind of discount for current GPO users (wishful thinking).
    Yes that has been promised many times I think the word substantial was used by one of the Finn brothers. It will be announced in the beginning of November.
    David Carter (DaveTubaKing)

Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

www.davetubaking.com

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobklyn
    Is there more info than this?
    http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo_sibelius/
    Do owners of Sibelius 4 and GPO need to buy the GPO Sibelius Edition?
    Thanks,
    Serge
    What about actual GPO users? Sibelius has just started shipping Sibelius GPO version for $219,- (US, I would guess) but somewhere on our forum we were promissed to be given a special offer from Gary Garritan. I do not see it yet even if I can hardly wait to get my hands on it. There is no downloadable demo either that could show how new Sibelius GPO is better than Sibelius plus GPO. From my experience: devil hides in details, not in high level functional promisses. Gary?
    Witold

Well, somewhere on the Sibelius site, I read that if you have Sib 4, you can get the GPO add on for $49.00. I don't have the details, as I won't be using it this way. I am quite comfortable using GPO VST with Sonar. But in most other cases, the best advice is to get it. GPO Studio uses much more of your cpu than the VST. It is useful primarily in cases where your playback device can not host VST.

Richard

You can get the GPO Sibelius Edition upgrade for existing GPO users for $49.00 - when it is released. According to Sibelius, this would most likely be a download as you would only need the player that will work within Sibelius and some nki files. It will use the samples from the GPO you already have so you don't have to duplicate those.

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    You can get the GPO Sibelius Edition upgrade for existing GPO users for $49.00 - when it is released. According to Sibelius, this would most likely be a download as you would only need the player that will work within Sibelius and some nki files. It will use the samples from the GPO you already have so you don't have to duplicate those.
    That is a good news. Even better one would be the date of the release of the Sibelius GPO upgrade. Any hint?
    Witold

I thought Sibelius was going to integrate GPO into it like Finale had, to keep up with Finale in that respect.

Is it true, then, that even if one already owns GPO, and already owns Sibelius 4, there is no way to integrate them in Sibelius (as in Finale), without buying a whole different edition of GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by wsuryn
    That is a good news. Even better one would be the date of the release of the Sibelius GPO upgrade. Any hint?
    Witold
    On the Sibelius Website it says "now shipping", so it can't be long now. On the other hand: I talked to the Austrian Distributor (Mr. Kadlec), who is always a very nice and polite person to chat with, and he guessed that they will know more around christmas time.

One little bit of information was unsettling to me: He guessed that in Austria the price for that upgrade would be "the usual price" for Sibelius sample stuff, which is about 180-200 Euros.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by maiki
    I thought Sibelius was going to integrate GPO into it like Finale had, to keep up with Finale in that respect.

Is it true, then, that even if one already owns GPO, and already owns Sibelius 4, there is no way to integrate them in Sibelius (as in Finale), without buying a whole different edition of GPO?
    Seems so...I guess the decision is whether $49 is worth it to achieve more playback functionality and articulation readings for Garritan sounds straight out of Sibelius. Thats worth $49 to me, though I can see why people might feel differently. Also there is no info as how to purchase the special upgrade.

Go Back to forum