Can I safely move my GPO library to external disk?
I'm just trying to reclaim a few gigs worth of space on my laptop's hard drive. Can I move the samples folder (called "GPO Library" in Mac-speak, and residing in my "Documents" folder) to my external hard drive?
Re: Can I safely move my GPO library to external disk?
Yes you can, but it isn't just as simple as moving the folder. The installer probably installed GPO Library into a folder in your Applications folder. Say you wanted to move the library onto a drive called My Samples. Here is the procedure:
1. Drag the GPO Library folder onto the "My Samples" drive. The Finder will make a copy of the folder.
2. Move the old GPO Libraries folder from the Applications folder to the trash.
3. Open your DAW program. You will be presented with an Apple dialog asking you if you would like to select a new directory? Do not press the Yes button. Press the No button.
4. You will then be presented with a Native Instrument's dialog saying: "Could not find sample?" Select "Find"
5. You will be presented with an Apple Directory Path window. Choose "My Samples>GPO Library>GPO_Library_part2.nks" This little ap. should be in dark letters. Press "Open."
6. I believe the first samples will load. You will then be presented with another NI dialog asking, "Use this path for remaining samples also?" Press "Yes."
7. You should have no more difficulties unless you decide to move the folder again.
If you would like to go through this procedure with me in real time over the phone, feel free to call me at 215-752-5618.