• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX trouble with Cubase on 24/96khz

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX trouble with Cubase on 24/96khz

Hello,

i am a really satisfied Stylus user, with one expetion. When i try to set 24bit/96khz on Cubase (SX3) the samples are playing a little faster so the loops are out of tune. It is the only Virtual Instrument i'm having trouble with.

Somebody got an idea? Or the same problem?

Thank you!!!

Re: Stylus RMX trouble with Cubase on 24/96khz

Works fine here. Which grooves are you playing that don't sound right?

- Glenn

Question Re: Stylus RMX trouble with Cubase on 24/96khz

It doesn't matter which one. But it is mostly audible on loops which are very effected or got a bigger tonal component. So you are able to switch from 44,1 khz to 96 khz and it stays the same???? (Maybe you can try it with an new Project... it would be very kind) [img]images/icons/icon7.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/icon5.gif[/img]

It works fine here, but if you ever learn which groove it is that is having the problem, save the multi and send it to tech support, info@spectrasonics.net, along with all your system configuration details.

- Glenn

i never worked at any other rate than 44,1 but shouldnt the audio actually sound more than an octave higher when an error like this occurs at 96?
    You said they were just a little out of tune.
    Could you be more specific?

And how can the sample rate influence the playback speed of RMX?
    The loops are all sliced and the only thing that controls their tempo is the host sequencers tempo.
    Glenn? Eric?

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    And how can the sample rate influence the playback speed of RMX?
    The loops are all sliced and the only thing that controls their tempo is the host sequencers tempo.
    Glenn? Eric?
    I don't said that the Loops aren't in Tempo-Sync. There are only small breaks between the slices because they are played a little faster. The slices, not the loop of course. Besides the fact that everything is tuned up, it sounds like if you would shorten the ADSR of each slice...[img]images/icons/icon9.gif[/img]

What version are you using?

[img]images/icons/icon11.gif[/img]

I think i forgot an important thing... It only happens when i am exporting an midi-file into cubase on 96 khz an play it by midi in slice mode. The same loop triggered by the play button on Stylus is doing fine. A good loop where you can here it very good is 155-Frenetic a from the core libary breakbeatssection....

Go Back to forum