• Register
  • Help

Topic: Carol for organ and 4 voices

Share/Bookmark

Carol for organ and 4 voices

That lovely time of year is approaching. This is a three verse carol entitled Christmas Prayer which, hopefully, will be performed in church in Salisbury this Christmas. I have written it in the manner of old English part-singing. I have used the GPO organ for a short introduction and links between verses. The solo voices are of German sampled origin. If you think they can be improved, then nudge a certain sample library producer into some overdue action The link to the piece, which is about two and half minutes long, is http://www.soundclick.com/dermodhill

Smile Re: Carol for organ and 4 voices

Oh this christmass prayer is pretty good!

Personally I will add a little more 'verb.
    Where the voices come from?

Yes definitively the reverb surely will adjust some transitions between notes and all will go more fluidly!!!

Nice compostion anyway,
    Best,
    Roberto

Re: Carol for organ and 4 voices

Voices from papelmedia.com in Germany. You would not believe the price. You are right. A little reverb is good for church music.

Great melody!

The choral section is uniquely distinct from the Organ... an accurate template for the actual voices.

It will definitely play well during the final performance.

Jeff

Thanks. Nice to know that music in this old style still cuts mustard. By the way, the voices are from papelmedia.de (not .com). Unusual place in this day and age. You deal with Simon Papel direct if you have questions. If you don't like the stuff, he gives your money back. What is the world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    Great melody!

It will definitely play well during the final performance.

I agree, a catchy tune that grows on you - and it will perform well.

The full organ sounded rather distant in my download, as if it was being played with the box closed. This added contrast and a sense of restraint which I rather liked. Was that the intention?

Graham

Sadly, that was not the intention. The voice samples can be very piercing. Your pc will rattle if you do not tone them down. But that put the organ into the background a little. Probably I do not understand the mixing process. But I thought it worked, so I let it go.

Go Back to forum