• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two questions concerning Ouverture SE 3.5 and GPO Studio

Share/Bookmark

Question Two questions concerning Ouverture SE 3.5 and GPO Studio

Well, I searched a short time, looking after some solutions for my problems, but I didn´t find any. So I hope, this questions weren´t asked before. Otherwise just give me the link, please.
    Ok, now the problems:
    I´m working with GPO Studio, which is hosting the VST instruments and Ouverture SE 3.5, which is using them.
    1.: I always save the entire setting of the Studio as Personal Orchestra File (*.gpo). But whenever I´m loading it, always it loads just
    Player 1 - Player 6, Player 7 and 8 are empty. Is there a way, saving these, so that I don´t have to set it always new? (I tried to save the Players itself as *.fxb, but the result is the same, Player 7 and 8 are empty, "only" 1-6 works.)
    2.: As I already wrote, I´m working with Ouverture. Now I want to export the music as a sound file (mp3, wav and so on), using the hosted instruments of GPO. Is there any way to?
    When I export it as midi, the media player is using the midi instruments of my sound card and that sounds terrible.

I hope, the questions are understandable, though English is not my mother tongue ...

Re: Two questions concerning Ouverture SE 3.5 and GPO Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Amrionn
    Well, I searched a short time, looking after some solutions for my problems, but I didn´t find any. So I hope, this questions weren´t asked before. Otherwise just give me the link, please.
    Ok, now the problems:
    I´m working with GPO Studio, which is hosting the VST instruments and Ouverture SE 3.5, which is using them.
    1.: I always save the entire setting of the Studio as Personal Orchestra File (*.gpo). But whenever I´m loading it, always it loads just
    Player 1 - Player 6, Player 7 and 8 are empty. Is there a way, saving these, so that I don´t have to set it always new? (I tried to save the Players itself as *.fxb, but the result is the same, Player 7 and 8 are empty, "only" 1-6 works.)
    2.: As I already wrote, I´m working with Ouverture. Now I want to export the music as a sound file (mp3, wav and so on), using the hosted instruments of GPO. Is there any way to?
    When I export it as midi, the media player is using the midi instruments of my sound card and that sounds terrible.

I hope, the questions are understandable, though English is not my mother tongue ...
    I can't answer your first question, but for your second: In GPO, go to Record> Hit Browse - name the file, and specifiy its location> Hit Record, and immediately go to Overture, and start playing your score> When it's finished, go back the to the Record box, and hit stop. In a moment you will have a WAV file which you can then concert to an mp3.

Hope this helps.

R. Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    In GPO, go to Record> Hit Browse - name the file, and specifiy its location> Hit Record
    Thank you very very mouch!
    But I think, I´m a bit blind today: Where can I find "Record" in GPO (Studio)? There is just "File", "Settings" and "Help" (where I also can´t find something about recording). Hope, you can help me again ...

... Thank you in advance,
    Amrionn

Sounds like you've got an old version of Studio. You need to update it to version 1.2, downloadable from here .

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Sounds like you've got an old version of Studio. You need to update it to version 1.2, downloadable from here.
    Thank you! I already thought about that this might be the point, but I was too tired to try anything more, yesterday.

But the first problem still exists and is more and more confusing me:
    I loaded instruments in all eight players and saved the whole setting as *.gpo. Then I also saved Player 6, 7 and 8 each as *.fxb.
    After this, I closed the Studio, opened it again and load first the *.fxbs. Player 6 worked, Player 7 not, Player 8 worked again.
    Then I closed the Studio again, opened it the third time and loaded the whole setting and again all players worked, but not Player 7. So I tried to load another Playersetting (*.fxb) with Player 7 and it worked.

Therefore, the trouble is, that I can´t save Player 7, the saved Player is always empty (even if I save with Player 7 and load in Player 6).
    Anyone here, who knows, why it is so?

Thanks in advance and Greetings from Dresden,
    Amrionn

That's strange. I can load 8*8 instruments, save the whole bunch as .gpo, quit, restart Studio, Open the .gpo file and have ALL 64 instruments reloaded. No empty slots.

I think, I´m going crazy now. I just loaded the *.gpo file and now the Studio loaded every Player except of Player 8! But I guess, now I got the real problem: Because I believed, that Player 7 "doesn´t work", I took the needed instruments in Player 8 and Player 7 I only used for the piano, which is not included in the composition, but just a help to find good harmonies. Now it loaded Player 7 with the Piano, but not Player 8 with the concerning instruments.
    The problem: The instruments, which I always loaded with Player 7 or 8 are all from the section "Percussion" (dry).
    So I tried to load and save instruments of this section (dry & wet) in Player 1 & 6 and it worked, but not in Player 7 or 8.
    Therefore I can put the problem in concrete form:
    It seems, that I can´t save percussion-instruments in Player 7 and Player 8. Maybe the error is caused by the instruments? I don´t know ...

I seem to recall reading somewhere (don't remember where) that the Kontakt player has issues if the instrument slots are not filled sequentially (i.e., empty slots are left before moving on to the next player). Don't know the details of this but maybe this could be part of the problem.

Go Back to forum