• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Welcome a new member with me!!!

Share/Bookmark

Welcome a new member with me!!!

Hi everyone,
    I was so pleased to receive a very gracious PM from one of Northern Sounds members a few days ago. He is from London England if I recall, and he has been using GPO for about a year and is very good at it. I told him he could enter a tune or two for the Garritan Christmas CD. So, he sent one to me, let me tell you, it is most excellent. Anyway, he is like many folks that read alot of posts but doesn't post himself. I assured him that he has a lot to offer this wonderful community and he is going to post from now on.

Please welcome JonRay
    This is not a Christmas tune,
    but one that he has done with GPO called Flying Acrobats

dpDan

Re: Welcome a new member with me!!!

I'll say!

A very excellent composition with an equally excellent orchestration using GPO. Your instrument reproduction is outstanding JonRay. Very realistic, indeed.

Welcome JohRay to the GPO community and we hope to hear many more of your musical scores done with GPO.

Flying Acrobats was truly outstanding.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

This is FANTASTIC!!

ALL that is missing is the carnival popcorn and roasted peanuts!

Very well done!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to listening to your music!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Bravo! & Welcome. I did miss the part where you were firing the little guy out of the cannon though.

Welcome to the forums. Great job on the composition, beside being fun to listen to, it plays to GPOs strengths and weaknesses well.

GPO? Weaknesses? WHAT weaknesses? Harrumph!!!
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Jon, we've talked over email in the past few weeks, I'm so glad you posted and are surfacing here too. The piece is wonderful!! Welcome to the forum!!

-John

Welcome John! Excellent piece of work! Looking forward to hearing more. However, you might want to reconsider popping up into the limelight. There are way too many crazy musicians floating around. Might upset the continuity of your thought processes!

Nice to have you aboard.

BTW - That DPDAN character? I would tend to watch him a bit. THE MAN'S NUTS ... GRAB "EM!
    Styxx

Hi everyone! Jon Raybould here, making my first post after being a serial lurker for about a year!!

Thanks to DPDAN for introducing me, and thanks for the welcome from you guys, and for the reponse to my piece "Flying Acrobats" (wow, you really are a nice bunch!) - yup, I was trying to capture the mood and excitement of circus acrobats.

About me - I'm 46, a flautist, I teach flute/piano/keyboard/theory (privately from home), although I used to be a high school music teacher, plus I run a business called music-4-schools, selling my comps and music books/worksheets etc to UK schools. Oh, and I live in Birmingham, England (not London - DpDan, close... you were only 104 miles out) :-)

I love this forum - one of my fave places, and I'll be popping up as much as I can. Great to speak to you all. Keep up the good work!

Jon
    PS Thanks Styxx for the warnings about a) my sanity (I'll risk it..) and b) DpDan (I'll watch him closely... do I really have to grab his nuts..? Is this some kind of initiation ceremony...??) :-)

Talking Re: Welcome a new member with me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonray
    Hi everyone! Jon Raybould here, making my first post after being a serial lurker for about a year!!

Thanks to DPDAN for introducing me, and thanks for the welcome from you guys, and for the reponse to my piece "Flying Acrobats" (wow, you really are a nice bunch!) - yup, I was trying to capture the mood and excitement of circus acrobats.

About me - I'm 46, a flautist, I teach flute/piano/keyboard/theory (privately from home), although I used to be a high school music teacher, plus I run a business called music-4-schools, selling my comps and music books/worksheets etc to UK schools. Oh, and I live in Birmingham, England (not London - DpDan, close... you were only 104 miles out) :-)

I love this forum - one of my fave places, and I'll be popping up as much as I can. Great to speak to you all. Keep up the good work!

Jon
    PS Thanks Styxx for the warnings about a) my sanity (I'll risk it..) and b) DpDan (I'll watch him closely... do I really have to grab his nuts..? Is this some kind of initiation ceremony...??) :-)
    Hey Jon, I used wonder what a "flaut" was until my brother n law took me "flaut" fishing one afternoon. Are you sure you want to be call a "flautist"?
    Oh, and about DPDAN's BEEP PADDA BEEP BEEP BEEPS, I don't think so. HA!
    Hemingway., it will be our pleasure to have you and your talent as part of our Wonderful World of Garritan forum. Wait, if we say that will we all have to be Goofy. Hmm, eh ... so who gives a quarter note!
    By the way - What gives with all the UK'erschimchimcher-ee. You're not all going to start singing Mary Poppin songs and flinging brooms around now are ya's?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum