• Register
  • Help

Topic: An algorithm to generate samples (which sounds very good)

Lightbulb An algorithm to generate samples (which sounds very good)

I am Paul, the author of the software synthesizer "ZynAddSubFX". I posted this here because I believe that here are developers of samples and might be interested about it.

I wrote a complete documentation of how the PADsynth synthesis algorithm works. It includes the full description of the algorithm: overview, text description, diagrams, pseudocode; example C/C++ implementations and a ready-to-use C++ class.

Also, I included some audio examples into the page. Please tell me your opinion about it.

I tried to make it to be easy understood and ready to be implemented and/or used into your software synthesizers. Everything (the algorithm, the examples, the implementations, diagrams,etc) from this page are released under Public Domain. You are welcome to include and use this into your programs and I invite the companies/developers who write software synthesizers to use it. Also, I guess that the sound banks producers will be very interesed about this
    I don't require anything for using it ; I just want this to be spread, to be used to make beautiful sounds.

You can find it very easy by searching for "PADsynth" at google (unfortunately, I couldn't post the url here).

Re: An algorithm to generate samples (which sounds very good)

It has a very light a spacious pad sound that I really like. The bell sound comes across as almost sounding like digital clipping so I'd work on that part of it.

But for a Padsynth I think you're doing very fine.

UK- teeming with life....

Paul I would like to hear these but neither Windows MediaPlayer, RealPlayer or Quicktime are offering to play it. Mediaplayer didn't recognise the file extension and said it might be able to play it but couldn't.

PS It was quite unexpected to see the following on your synthesizer site:

Please don't use this program to make music that is against God and Jesus Christ. Realize that the only way to the Salvation is Jesus Christ. Please don't lose this chance and don't make others to lose it!
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

DL a free program called "Audacity". It will read the .ogg (ogg vorbis) files that are on the sight. But you have to be using PC.

Go Back to forum