• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JonnyP gets his computer!

JonnyP gets his computer!

Thanks to all who donated. Today, JonnyP got the computer that we all donated money for. Here he is!

Re: JonnyP gets his computer!

( Looks like he got plenty of other equipment, too. )

Good to hear/see. Enjoy yourself, Jonny.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

God Bess You, Johnny. Now let's make some Mac Music!

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    God Bless You, Johnny. Now let's make some Mac Music!

Sorry for the mispelled word...........the first time.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Great news! I'm glad you got it successfully! Use it often! My best to you.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

on the end of the bow...

West Seneca, NY

May God Bless all of you who were able to contribute to this wonderful gift for Jonny P!
    You are truly a lovely bunch of coconuts!

BTW Jonny, send some of those percussion thingies my way will ya?

Orcas Island

It must have been quite an ordeal for Johnny to see much of his life washed away during the disaster in New Orleans. When the GPO Community heard about the plight with Hurricane Katrina, I am glad the members responded to help.

I would like to thank the members of our community who rose to the ocassion to help in Johnny's time of need - and especially Chris who organized this effort. This is just one of the reasons that makes Northern Sounds such a great place.

I wish Johnny well in his temporary home in New York. It was great meeting Johnny at AES and glad he met some forum friends at the GPO party.

And it is Johnn'y birthday in a couple of days (Saturday). A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Johnny!! What a great birthday present you received from the members of the GPO community.

Pass it forward.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: JonnyP gets his computer!

Hey Everyone,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'm going to really put this to good use in some music and sound applications!

I and my wife were very touched by your generosity. Just to update folks, my wife and I have temporarily relocated to Manhattan, NY were we used to live.

I did get back to New Orleans to survey the damage. I have to admit that the city is pretty devestated and though there's a strong national guard and police presence; it's rather erie. I felt like a yuppy caveman-everthing that's still open; closes at five. I had to end certian tasks and conversations becuase if I wanted to eat, I had to do it before 5PM. If you need gas or groceries -gotta get it at 5PM. But business are slowly opening.

Driving is dangerous-Some stop lights on some streets and not on others. I was afraid to drive at night; not beuause of theft but visibility. I can remember one erie experience I had while driving. ON my first night, I drove a little during the evening and observed serveral cars parked on the medians. BUT during the day, I drove the same stretch of highway and saw that all the cars I had passed at night were not parked-but abandoned. There are serveral meidans, overpasses, and underpasses where greyed out, molded, abandoned cars have been placed.

Our home did SURVIVE flooding! YEA!!!! but suffered some ceiling damage. Ohhhhh! There was a fire that literally leaped a city block and burned down seven houses but stopped at OURS! Unfortunately, the fire department didn't realize that the fire hadn't reached our house. The fire department broke into our home, and began to break the celing in serveral rooms to check for fire. Also, fire helicopters, dropped water bombs to the house near ours and of course our home got hit.

Sio our home didn't get any flooding and no mold except for the fridge ( ). Ahhh the fridge. I lossed my lunch cleaning it out. I ended up just hauling it to the curb.

The rebuilding process is kinda straight forward. Doors and windows replaced and lotsa lotsa dry walling because the ceiling in several rooms need to be repaired. As I left, a contractor was working and hopefully in a few weeks we should be able to return home. One step at a time.

I salvaged a digital camera while in New Orleans and took some pictures. I'm not sure whether to post them becuase they are sad. My wife simply looked at them and shook her head.

While in NY, I've been doing a lot of free lance field mixing and playing phone tag with Chris C to finally get this laptop (He was available;I'd be out of NY on a shoot). I've booked some gigs up until Thanksgiving in NY and I'll see about how much longer I'll be in Manhattan. I'll probably re enter the free lance game or what I jokingly call 'permalance; your full time job is freelancing'

It was great to finally meet the man behind the fedora, Gary Garritan, at AES. The NS get together was pretty cool-Tiki drinks I mean come on; that's cool! How many times to do you hang out with people from an internet group; and they aren't psychos or crazy. Welll. . .

I did so in person but I wanted to say publically that Chris C and his efforts to set up a paypal account on my behalf. It was great to get updates on the Johnny thread while on hold with FEMA.

Thanks for everyone contibuting and donating cash as well as spare parts or extra software. I've been busy getting on my feet in NY and don't be surprised if I go, 'Hey about that spare copy you said you had. . . '

So I'll be using the ibook till I get settled. Thanks again. It's cool being apart of the community.

Go Back to forum