• Register
  • Help

Topic: Blank Slots Not Allowed in Kontakt Player

Share/Bookmark

Blank Slots Not Allowed in Kontakt Player

Yep.

I'd like to keep the same instrument arrangement in my several instances of GPO.

But I don't always need all the sounds to be loaded.

Problem is, if I load a sound in the slot I'd always like for that particular instrument, say, eight, and I have nothing loaded in the Kontakt Player except perhaps another instrument, in slot one; when I close and reopen my sequencer the next day, the instrument in eight moves to slot number two!

So my MIDI data is playing to an empty slot and channel.

Has this been addressed yet?

My Kontakt Player is version: 1.1.8.003

Re: Blank Slots Not Allowed in Kontakt Player

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    Has this been addressed yet?
    I don't think anybody has ever even mentioned this before. I doubt that this will be high on NI's list of things to do but here is a workaround: I've created a "place holder," a dummy file that takes up zero memory and no resources to speak of. Just download the file, unzip it, and place the "GPO Place Holder" folder in the Instruments folder in the GPO Library folder on your hard drive. Load the "Place Holder" file in the GPO Place Holder folder into any unused slots in the player. This will maintain your load structure when you save and reload your project file. Here's the link: www.garritan.com/GPO_Files/GPOPlaceHolder.zip

Tom

Wow! Thanks Tom! Now I can have my instances all laid out the same all the time and remove whats not needed! Cool.

I guess I'm the only control freak who cares about something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    I don't think anybody has ever even mentioned this before. I doubt that this will be high on NI's list of things to do but here is a workaround: I've created a "place holder," a dummy file that takes up zero memory and no resources to speak of. Just download the file, unzip it, and place the "GPO Place Holder" folder in the Instruments folder in the GPO Library folder on your hard drive. Load the "Place Holder" file in the GPO Place Holder folder into any unused slots in the player. This will maintain your load structure when you save and reload your project file. Here's the link: www.garritan.com/GPO_Files/GPOPlaceHolder.zip

Tom
    Well, good new! I don't know how I missed this. I have had the problem only rarely, but it has caused me some minor grief.

Richard

Go Back to forum