• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BIG OL' CHURCH BELL SAMPLE

Share/Bookmark

BIG OL' CHURCH BELL SAMPLE

Anyone know where I can easily download such a sample? I'm hoping I could tune it to something I'm working on. Any collection it might be on?

Re: BIG OL' CHURCH BELL SAMPLE

Surprisingly, one ships with Windows. Of course, you'll need to do some tuning, as you mentioned...

sample
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I recall seeing one near a building somewhere. Don't know if you can sample it though unless the local government doesn't mind. Anyway, it may not sound perfect due to a long crack. Or, "Bell Sounds of Quasi Moto"?
    Roland has a decent church bell sound (not the tubulars!) in their SC 88 / 8850 sound modules. Just a suggestion.
    At any rate, good luck.
    Styxx

Oh, my God, I've been swarmed over by the comedians! Somebody help me!

I'm looking for the sound of Big Ben or the like... Chris, I guess that windows ding is the sound of Big Bill!

Thanks for the laugh though guys.

I don't have any of that Roland gear. Don't recall anything like that on my JV-800, but I'm gonna look right now.

Can't spend to much time, its that need it yesterday kind of thing.

God, I have a decent Church bell sound on my Roland SC88 but NO WAY TO SEND IT TO YOU!
    Styxx

Go to www.sounddogs.com, you will find more church bell samples than you can wave a beater at! I am reasonably certain that Big Ben is among their collection. They let you download mp3 samples before you purchase, and their prices for individual sounds are quite reasonable.

I used one called "Old Church Bell" for a play that opens this weekend, and it might be just what you are looking for. Try entering that text in their quick search box.

Warning... browsing their extensive collection of sounds can be a real black hole of time!!!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    Oh, my God, I've been swarmed over by the comedians! Somebody help me!

I'm looking for the sound of Big Ben or the like... Chris, I guess that windows ding is the sound of Big Bill!

Thanks for the laugh though guys.

I don't have any of that Roland gear. Don't recall anything like that on my JV-800, but I'm gonna look right now.

Can't spend to much time, its that need it yesterday kind of thing.

Ehhhhxcellent Smithers!!!

Thanks for the input. I'm on a tight schedule and have an idea but don't want to waste to much time on an idea that I think would be really cool but then again might be really cliche.

Hey, that sounddogs sight was great. And they don't bite either!

You know how those swine dogs can be, eh, Styxx?

Thanks again, you guys are great!

Just checked out Sounddogs and some of their current Halloween samples are... well, all I can say is EWWW! I really don't want to know how some of those samples were made

Post has some very nice church bell samples. www.postpiano.com

I'm not sure if you can buy one individually or not, I bought the "Church Bells/Anvils" disc from them a few years ago.

Mark

Go Back to forum