• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Creatures.." film score using JABB

Share/Bookmark

"Creatures.." film score using JABB

October 28, '05 marked the premiere of the recently completed indie film....

I was honored to have Gary Garritan and Tom Hopkins in the audience with their delightful spouses.

With the exception of an effect or two, some drum sounds, and the theremin-like sample, the music was all produced in Sonar with GPO and JABB. Here are a few segments from the score:

Re: "Creatures.." film score

Thanks David!

This is a real treat this Halloween. Tom, Amy, Marianne and I had a wonderful time at the premiere of the "Creatures from the Pink Lagoon" in Seattle.

David, your arrangements were simply brilliant! The theremin was simply classic and it was great to hear JABB used for the first time in a film.
    Your classic spooky score and eerie arrangments took zombie flicks to another level. The music truly was the highlight of the show.

Thanks David for inviting us.

Gary

Great music, Dave. I especially like your "love theme". Beautiful melody.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Absolutely Fantastic David. What is that Theremin sound? Is that a real one? Awesome job. Any chance of hearing the entire score?

The String Bass sounds amazing!!

Keep up the fantastic film scores!!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Absolutely Fantastic David. What is that Theremin sound? Is that a real one?
    Jonny:

The theremin was a sample called Mars Attacks which I used in NI Kompakt, and tweaked considerably. It lacks the truly watery, wavery quality of the original, but sufficed okay for this score.

Thanks for the kudos!

D.M.

Wonderful talent David,,
    wonderful!

Dan

Re: "Creatures.." film score using JABB

David,

Yes, Amy and I had a wonderful time. It was a very funny satirical movie and the music was one of the reasons it all worked so well. Thanks for the invite.

Tom

Just giving a little bump!!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Wow David!!! This is just incredible. What a wonderful job you did. Excellent orchestration (IMHO) and great textures overall. You are well versed in much that I am not . What are the choir type sounds in the intro? Just wondering. A true work of art whatever it is. Thanks so much for sharing.

Eric
    Last edited by EricWatkins; 11-04-2005 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo

David, this is wonderful! Everything is top notch, the writing, orchestration, the mix! Did you create this primarily in Sonar, or do you work with a notation program at all?

Congratulations on a wonderful score!

I LOVE the way you incorporated the recording in Judy Saves the Day with the orchestra. That really made me smile.

I would love to see this movie sometime. Let me know if it ever comes to Los Angeles either on a promo tour, or in a festival.

Go Back to forum