• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Kontakt 2 capable of this ???

Share/Bookmark

Question Is Kontakt 2 capable of this ???

Hi people....

I'm consider switching from Halion2 -> Kontakt 2
    I have some questions...

1)
    Will I be able to load and edit patches of:
    EWQL GOLD, STORMDRUM, GPO etc ?

2)
    Will I be able (for example) to load big patch (from stormdrum) which has some drumg across all of the keyboard and is memory hungry....
    and leave only one sound from it for example on key C0 and unload from RAM all other from this patch which I don't use in the project to save some RAM ?

Re: Is Kontakt 2 capable of this ???

Yup.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Yup.

Cool, thanks.

Hey, Luk - -

I've had Kontakt 2 since the update came out. You might check out a helpful little section that I put up as a public service: http://kevintweedy.net/K2T/K2_TK_Technique.htm . (There are also links to some Tutorials which should be helpful there as well and I am more than open to hosting more as they are developed by others, too.)

I started with HALion2 and find the HALion3 interface more than a little bit too odd for me. Personally, I think it is badly engineered as to interface (and don't mention "Help" files -- what Help files!?). But then, Kontakt 2 is similarly lacking in good examples, which is part of the reason various folks have done some effort at helping the general Kontakt community. (The surprising part is that the Support folks at NI West Coast are amazingly open to the "please help -- I'm lost!" telephone call which I have taken advantage of at various times of extreme frustration. Those guys deserve many kudos!)

I hope this helps ... KevinKauai

I'm also formerly of the Halion (and Gigastudio) camp. You can open your Kompakt-based libraries in Kontakt and mix and match to your heart's content. Plus, the library that comes with K2 is really nice (depending on what you might already have). And scripting is a very cool feature.

I think one could arguably say that K2 and Giga are at the top of the soft sampler heap right now.

I say, go for it and don't look back!

Go Back to forum