• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006a maintenance updater has been released

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006a maintenance updater has been released

It can be downloaded from MakeMusic .

New Features in Finale 2006a

Real-Time Save as Audio Support for Native Instruments VST. Save As Audio now supports Wave output for documents that use Finale's integrated GPO sounds or other supported VST instruments. Furthermore, adjustments to the Mixer or Staff Controls during the saving process apply to the generated audio file.

Fixes in Finale 2006a

File Menu

· In files using multiple banks of channels, Save As Audio no longer merges channels together as if only 1 bank (1-16) can be used.

Graphics Tool

· Dotted slurs no longer become solid when exporting as EPS.

Mass Edit Tool

· Measure-attached Smart Shapes can now be clipboard-copied using Copy and Replace.

Setup Wizard

· Adding dynamics with high key velocities no longer causes distortion in documents created with the Setup Wizard using GPO sounds.

Re: Finale 2006a maintenance updater has been released

Thank you, Nickie! I would have missed that, had you not posted it.

I've downloaded and installed the update.

It indeed fixes that annoying copy-and-paste shortcoming.

A quick test of Save As Audio also produced fine results with the GPO

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hal-lay-looya! (Pardon my Southern accent ) This is what I've been waiting for. Thank you Robert and everybody at Finale who made this possible.

Note that there is NO update to Human Playback in Finale 2006a. The numerous GPO (and misc.) improvements I have been working on will be available in Finale 2006b.

Thanks for your patience!
    R.

May I also add a very hearty Thank You! to all at Finale.

I've been using Finale for many years (since 1998, if my memory hasn't slipped a cog somewhere). As a software developer I've always understood the great difficulties behind an application like this -- and the stunning achievement that it is. But as a composer, I had always found myself in a difficult relationship with the software, always wanting it to bring the score and its realization in sound closer together.

Then out came Finale 2006 with GPO integration.

While there's always room for improvement -- and Finale has an unparalleled record of pursuing it -- Finale 2006 w/GPO is a composer's dream. That orchestral score I put on the page... plays as writ!

To all at Finale -- and most assuredly, at Garritan, too -- my hat is off to you. Please be aware of my sincere gratitude for your many years of hard work.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge

New Features in Finale 2006a...
    Does anyone know whether the problem with recognising Ambience has been solved? Graham

Unfortunately not - that is, if you mean the presets.

Go Back to forum