• Register
  • Help

Topic: I scored a very short, very stupid film with GPO.

Share/Bookmark

Question I scored a very short, very stupid film with GPO.

I've been using GPO to score my short films for nearly two years now. In fact I had quite a bit of success by scoring "Shellfishing", a mockumentary which won second place at the JumpCut Film Festival in Austin, TX, and which was seen by the producer of Silence of the Lambs, the director of Equilibrium and the editor of The Exorcist, among others.

But I digress. Over the past week I've done another short. This one is probably pretty average as far as all things go - I didn't bother with a screenplay, storyboards, or anything of that sort. I had to cut a lot of it out due to a lack of time. Mainly it was important to finish a short film by the end of October for my website, United Idiot Pictures (www.unitedidiotpictures.com).

Once again, GPO served very competently to score this film. If you're in need of some mindless entertainment, or merely appreciate stupid attempts at comedy, this might be worth the download.

Ham Sandwich (2005) http://www.unitedidiotpictures.com/m...amsandwich.avi (10mb, and it requires the DivX codec, which you can download and install from here: http://www.unitedidiotpictures.com/f..._3.11alpha.zip)

Enjoy! And don't forget... drive safely!

Re: I scored a very short, very stupid film with GPO.

I thought the vehicle animation was extremely well done..!

Dynamics?

jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jsp2

I thought the vehicle animation was extremely well done..!

Dynamics?

jeff

Yep, I used 3dsmax 6's built-in Reactor dynamics simulation feature for the car animation.

Any thoughts on the score? The funny thing about it is that this time, I didn't compose the music for the movie - it was just a bunch of random musical doodles that I'd composed months or years beforehand. Mostly it was because I only had a week to do the film, and when I got around to doing the score it was 3AM on the day it was due.

Awesome piece of work! It was hillarious! Some of the animation was bad (by Pixar standards, still much better than anything I could ever do!), such as the way the man walked out to his car. But it was so unrealistic it was incredibly funny! I especially love the unrealistic way the ham sandwhich hits the world before suddenly exploding. Great use of reactor! I use to love playing around with that back before my 3ds max trial expired.

The score worked very well, very professionally done! It fit perfectly. The sound effects in general were also great.

Great work, I enjoyed this immensely!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum