• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Cold Night Into Dawn" student assignment

"Cold Night Into Dawn" student assignment

Hey, gang.

Been a while I've posted... been busy doing "realworld" stuff.

Thought I would post my latest student effort for all and sundry to critique. But, be warned, there's about 15 minutes worth of film and music for you to watch, so expect a bit of download time... thanks for your patience.

All GPO instrumentation, plus some souped-up general midi and soundfont action in here.

Enjoy! Comments welcome.

"Cold Night Into Dawn"

(Music-only cues are on my website, under MFTM, Assignment 8 & 9.)
    Steve A. Gallant

West Seneca, NY

Re: "Cold Night Into Dawn" student assignment

Oops, I forgot. All I ever receive is that Microsoft encoded carp. Well, anyway thanks for posting and nice to hear from you.

Great job! I enjoyed watching the film while hearing the cues. Wish we had more of this kind of stuff.

Really, though, your music cues were very descriptive of the action taking place. I might have faded some out a little sooner in some places, but, hey, that's a subjective matter.

Your use of GPO was excellent. You have it down and I know we would all like to see and hear more of your film work.

Just very enjoyable. You should be proud.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Cool Re: "Cold Night Into Dawn" student assignment

Thanks for your positive comments, Jack! I appreciate you taking the time to download it.

Styxx: Yo, man. wussup. Maybe you can help me with something... because of what you said, I tied to export the film to QuickTime .MOV format... but ended up with a 7GB file. Curses! Do you know anything about what sort of compression I should apply? I just used the export filter "out of the box", so I probably didn't do it as efficiently as possible. Any suggestions?

Stevie G
    Steve A. Gallant

I have had some luck exporting as MPEG-1 compression 160x112, 512 Kbs from XP (pinnacle Studio). What program are you using?

Hey, Squoze.

Using Vegas Video here... maybe I'll try the MPEG codec(?) and see what I get.

Steve A. Gallant

Go Back to forum