Can somebody help me:
I update some *.gig with new articulation( *.art) from VSL and after that rebuilt the database in Gigastudio.
But now when I want to play my old song and loading the *.gsp:
Gigastudio crash and close Xp.. The only things I found for the moment is to rebuild all the performance ( but take a lot of hours) in gigastudio .
How to do ?
So does that mean that the gig file actually works, despite the problem?
Let me get it straight: You created a performance, then you modified the gigs used therein. Then you tried to reload the performance. And that's when the bsod or whatever happens.
I'd imagine that if the patch #'s in the gig file got moved around by the new .art, then telling giga to load 025 VI_14_sus_mv (say that's the original patch # and name as far as the performance file is concerned), when VI_14_sus_mv is NOW actually patch # 26 within that bank....well jeez-it should just go ahead and load the wrong patch. But that wouldn't be like GS3, now, would it? That's probably enough to make GS3 vomit all over your life.
No luck crashing my computer. But that only happens when there's money riding on it, and/or I've put in lots of hours and not backed anything
up! I tried changing bank and patch#'s, as well as changing the location of the gig file, all with and without "monitor file activity" checked. The worst thing that happened was that if I moved the file without monitoring, then GS could not find the file upon attempting to load.
This exact same thing happened to me with GS ver 3.10. I updated a VSL 2.0 gig file (opened it in GS3 editor, loaded an ART file, saved it) that was being used by an existing performance. Every time I loaded that performance and hit play on my sequencer - BSOD. I replaced the updated gig with the original and everything went back to normal. I never bothered to try to solve the problem, but I just wanted to let you know that it has happened to someone else.