• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Vocal Samples

Share/Bookmark

Vocal Samples

I would like to add vocal samples for pieces such as Requiems and Sacred pieces. Has anyone used Magnus Choir VSTi with Cubase?

Re: Vocal Samples

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis
    I would like to add vocal samples for pieces such as Requiems and Sacred pieces.
    I tried a different way, that is quite experimental and really cool:
    "MIRIAM" (or LOLA or LEON) from Vocaloid. It allows you to design voice tracks in any style (from classic to pop to elektro) to your song.
    It's strange, but when you get used to it, you can do amazing things. It is realistic as a background group or choir, and more experimental when it is used as solo voice and you need to give it some extra master mixdown treatings. They recently dropped the price to 178 USD, and I can highly recommend it as an add-on to GPO.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPearlPlayer
    I tried a different way, that is quite experimental and really cool:
    "MIRIAM" (or LOLA or LEON) from Vocaloid. It allows you to design voice tracks in any style (from classic to pop to elektro) to your song.
    It's strange, but when you get used to it, you can do amazing things. It is realistic as a background group or choir, and more experimental when it is used as solo voice and you need to give it some extra master mixdown treatings. They recently dropped the price to 178 USD, and I can highly recommend it as an add-on to GPO.

Thanks for the information. What caught my attention about the Syntheway Magnus was its low price of $35.00 USD. But when I downloaded it to my system I could not get it to work at all with VSTi in Cubase. I'll give the MIRIAM a look.

Cool Re: Vocal Samples

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis
    I would like to add vocal samples for pieces such as Requiems and Sacred pieces. Has anyone used Magnus Choir VSTi with Cubase?
    I suggest to check BelaDmedia products page:

BelaDmedia products

The Diva solo classical female voice is a good starting point for solos and little female ensamble creation. It's the opposite of Lola/Vocaloid:
    Lola does everything, but almost everything sounds fake and is very hard to program (without deep programming Vocaloid is useless).
    Diva does only a few things, but she does it well, it's easier, and almost everything is quite realistic (because she is a singer sampling, not a synth).
    lola is good only for back vocals or for mockup. Diva is good for production too.

Giovani is simply amazing: a boys and girls choir to your fingertips. that's all. the Choir doesn't sing every word (like EWQLSC for instance), but the syllabe library allow the creation of free and fantasy combinations. But the most important thing is that all words sounds real, because the words are sampled, noth synthesized.
    a little demo I composed with Giovani and GPO:

Mottetto

What do you think about it?

I can't remember the name of the program, but a year or so ago I ran across a program that would take the audio file of a single voice singing, and transform it into a complete choir. I could take me singing, say baritone, and create a choir, and would even have the choice to add soprano morphs of my own voice.

Anybody here remember the name of this program? I'll ask my friends on another board, and post again if someone comes up with the name.

Of course, such a program would not replace a sample library of choir.

Trond

I think you're talking about:

http://www.cloneensemble.com/

Bingo! Yes, it was clone ensemble.

Thanks,
    Trond

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    I could take me singing, say baritone, and create a choir, and would even have the choice to add soprano morphs of my own voice.
    Trond
    Trond, it would be quite interesting to hear you as a soprano .

Clone Ensemble is a neat little program. With some tweaking you could get very good results.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Man that Vocaloid is pretty cool!! Do you have any demos of stuff you've done with it, particularly in a more "classical" style?

Tom
    I am waiting for the ordered package, after getting excited with the demo.

I hope I have it ready for the orchestration challenge. (Will be my first piece with GPO either)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    ... and is very hard to program (without deep programming Vocaloid is useless).
    What do you think about it?
    When I was young (and new to the music world) a had to spend a lot of time with female singer who couldn't sing and blaming the engineer (i.e. poor me) I rather prefer now (older and wiser) an hour of tweaking computers than an hour arguing with Miss Frontline over missing dynamics when the original source was sub-optimal (i.e.crappy voice). So no problems with "deep programming"...

Smile Re: Vocal Samples

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPearlPlayer
    I am waiting for the ordered package, after getting excited with the demo.

I hope I have it ready for the orchestration challenge. (Will be my first piece with GPO either)

When I was young (and new to the music world) a had to spend a lot of time with female singer who couldn't sing and blaming the engineer (i.e. poor me) I rather prefer now (older and wiser) an hour of tweaking computers than an hour arguing with Miss Frontline over missing dynamics when the original source was sub-optimal (i.e.crappy voice). So no problems with "deep programming"...
    I agree my friend, and with instrument players it's the same story, if they are not experienced professionals. But programming vocaloid (I did it, because I like to find out the best from programs) you produce exciting back vocals (very good) and some good blues solo (very large use of sound manipulation controls, and Vocaloid has a lot of sound controls). The classic voice I was looking for, was never produced. If you will be able to, please let me know (and hear) immediately! I should go back to the application, after a little training by you!

Go Back to forum