• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can Audiophile actually do this?!?

Share/Bookmark

Can Audiophile actually do this?!?

My idea of composing music is quite simple: I want to record HQ 24bit 88.2kHZ guitar and vocals into Cubase. Also I\'m programming drums and other instruments with gigastudio. Then I could record the final mix with Soundforge (of course with 24bit 88.2kHz)...

CAN U GUYS ACTUALLY DO THIS [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Somehow gigastudio \"steals\" the 44.1 samplerate and I can work only with that rate. All the gigasamples are of course 44.1kHz. I am sure that my problem is very simple but I just don\'t seem to get it. Is this linked to multiclient driver? Has any of you had this problem and later solved it? Sorry for the stupid guestion but I hope that I can figure this out. I actually had the same problem with Hoontech DSP24 value. What am I doing wrong?!

And a midi problem too [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . When I play few sounds, everything is fine. But when I play the \"full orchestra\" (about 30-60 polyphony), sound becomes distorded. Not actually popping or drop-outs (playback is smooth) but small distortion. Like it was too loud. I tried to turn the volume down but distortion remained the same...

Here are also my specs (hope this helps):
    AMD Athlon 1000 Mhz
    Gigabyte Ga-72x-1 (VIA kt-133) with latest drivers
    512 sdram
    IBM 30Gt ultra ata100 7200RPM
    Geforce 2 MX
    Audiophile 2496 (4.13) latest driver
    Win 98se
    Gigastudio 96 (2.52)
    Cubase VST32 5.1

I appreciate all the help you can give me. Also I apologize my goofy english [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tapani S.

Re: Can Audiophile actually do this?!?

With Sb Live Platinium I could playback gigasampled drumkit and record guitars in 48kHz. No problems what so ever. Midi would sound normal and soundforge didn\'t complain about wrong samplerates. I could even record the final mix with \"what U hear\" any sample/bit rate I wanted. Now I actually miss my old Live [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Why can\'t the great HQ Audiophile 2496 do this?!? Can you change Cubase\'s samplerate into 48kHz without having problems with gigastudio? Isn\'t Cubase suitable to multiple samplerates at same time? Did I buy this card for nothing [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum