• Register
  • Help

Topic: Forum For LPC?

Share/Bookmark

Question About Chords and Palm Mutes In LPC

Well, I am beginning to explore LPC, and I am sure I will bother people with questions. Akihito, I do not think you wnat me e-mailing you when I can potentially just get information from other users. (But, it might make sense for you to consider setting up your own forum somewhere so my stupid questions do not clutter Northern Sounds. )

My first question is what procedure do people use to switch between full chords and palm mutes (chugs). Is low velocity basically a chord palm mute? Or is there something I am missing to get the most realistic heavy rhythm guitar?

In addition, I noticed that the same chords (for example major) are repeated in a higher octave on my keyboard. Are these repeated chords exactly the same? Should alternating notes (lower and higher octave on keyboard) be used to avoid a machine gun effect?

jeffn1

PS: I also noticed when you change the title of a post, the decription in the forum post list does not change).
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Question About Chords and Palm Mutes In LPC

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    My first question is what procedure do people use to switch between full chords and palm mutes (chugs). Is low velocity basically a chord palm mute? Or is there something I am missing to get the most realistic heavy rhythm guitar?
    For K2 user,
    single_sust_mute_vib+p_harm_opt.nki
    5th_sust_mute_vib+gliss_dwn_opt.nki
    4th_sust_mute_vib_opt.nki

They are in the folder; 000_LPC_basic_set

LPC_controller_chart.pdf; page 3
    LPC_USERS_MANUAL.pdf; page 15-17

For GIGA3 user,
    Stack instruments (.gsi)
    001_opt_single_sustain_mute_mod_wheel.gsi
    001_opt_single_sustain+mute+realtime_silde+pk_nois e.gsi
    037_opt_5th_dyad_sustain+mute+realtime_silde+gliss _down.gsi
    037_opt_5th_dyad_sustain+mute+realtime_silde+gliss _down+pk_noise.gsi
    037_opt_5th-dyad_sustain_mute_mod_wheel.gsi

071_opt_4th_dyad_sustain+mute+realtime_silde.gsi
    071_opt_4th_dyad_sustain+mute+realtime_silde+pk_no ise.gsi
    071_opt_4th-dyad_sustain_mute_mod_wheel.gsi

LPC_updates_v102.pdf; page 19-22

In addition, I noticed that the same chords (for example major) are repeated in a higher octave on my keyboard. Are these repeated chords exactly the same? Should alternating notes (lower and higher octave on keyboard) be used to avoid a machine gun effect?
    The lower keys are the down stroke (down picking) samples, and the upper keys are up stroke (up picking) samples. They are mapped on a sinlge layer so you can strum the chords without switching up / down stroke.

Akihito

Re: Forum For LPC?

Thanks, Akihito. So, I should use either the single, 5th, or 4th mute as the palm mute ("chug") to go along with the chord in rhythm part.

So, right now, there is no way to "play" full chords and chugs at the same time in real time?

If so, I wonder of a multi could be created in Kontakt that will allow that.

(I have the bound Giga manual, which comes with the disks--which I am reviewing extensively. I am waiting until the realtime legato is finalized to print of the Kontakt 2 manual and controller chart).

I tend to think it is better for users to post this kind of information so everyone can get the benefit of the discussion.

Anyway, thank you for your response.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum