• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Announcing: Garritan Personal Orchestra Sibelius Edition - demos

Share/Bookmark

Announcing: Garritan Personal Orchestra Sibelius Edition - demos

We now have a number of sample recordings of Garritan Personal Orchestra(Sibelius Edition) playing various orchestral and other pieces, plus some demos of individual instruments:

http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo_sibelius/

Garritan Personal Orchestra (Sibelius Edition) is shipping this month; you can order it in advance at http://www.sibelius.com/buy/

There'll be news shortly on the upgrade offer for existing GPO users!

David

Re: Garritan Personal Orchestra Sibelius Edition - demos

David,

Congratulations on the GPO/Sibelius Hybrid. The demos sound fantastic. I especially like the "La Mer" excerpt and the Marimba/Xylophone demo. Are all of the articulations actually triggering the keyswitches? It sounds pretty good. I can't wait to get my hamds on it.

Thanks in Advanced,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Too bad you can't export midi that includes all the articulation controls with this new version.

Well, maybe in a later Version?

Oh, those demos sound fantastic! Finally I can use my beloved GPO instead of the vastly inferior Kontakt Gold sounds.

This is a sure buy! Thanks Gary! Thank you anonymous guys over at Sibelius HQ! You all did great work!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Sounds great. Again, I have to say that I think it's extremely important for notation and soundware developers to forge these sorts of partnerships to enhance the out-of-the-box realism of rendered scores, particularly for the enhancement of educational purposes!

Keeping new composers minds on the notes instead of obscure MIDI controls will only serve to make our world a more enjoyable place in the long run.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Thanks David for posting the demo's.

They sound great and to be able to use Sibelius and GPO together is something I will look forward to.
    One thing, I do remember that someone mentioned a while back in relation to GPO/Sibelius, is that sustain on the piano is with controller 64 as it usually is, and legato for the legato instruments is now another controller [I can't remember which number the controller was], that is the case still isn't it?
    It's just that I have ideas for another piano/orchestral piece etc and to be able to use the two controllers together for scoring and playback in that way is just something I will appreciate so much!

best,
    Steve M.

David,

Thanks for posting about the GPO Sibelius Edition and welcome to the Northern Sounds Community.

People don't realize what's involved in getting notation to play back from the score. Many here are used to MIDI editing and tweaking in sequencers and playback is something they have been accustomed to for years. Mousing in notes on a score in a dedicated notation program is an entirely different matter. And getting notation to play back directly from a score with some sort of realism has been only a dream until recently.

I believe that one of the most significant achievements of GPO is that it was the first library designed specifically for notation programs and to be integrated with notation. In developing GPO we thought through many of the issues notation users would be presented with. A sample library must be designed differently to work with notation. It must be able to access all the articulations on the same staff and also able to perform divisi. There are also considerable challenges in getting perfectly quantized notes to breathe and become lyrical. GPO was programmed from the ground up to overcome the difficulties of working with notation programs.

Sibelius' ability to interpret performance indications (such as articulation marks, playing techniques, slurs and dynamics, hairpins on sustained notes, etc.) and to integrate many of GPO's advanced programming will be a great benefit to musicians.

Not too long ago musicians had only staff paper, pencil and a wild imagination. For those who gave up on notation because of lack of playback, it may be time to take a second look. It's a great time to be a musician.

Gary Garritan

"Not too long ago musicians had only staff paper, pencil and a wild imagination. For those who gave up on notation because of lack of playback, it may be time to take a second look. It's a great time to be a musician."
    [Gary Garritan]

Gary, I totally agree. When I purchased my first notation program, which at that time was Sibelius 2, I wished there was some kind of program that would playback your score with orchestral sounds. I never had any idea that something like GPO would come along and make this a reality.
    For all notation users of Overture, Sibelius, Finale and others, GPO has given us access to a program that composers of long ago would have never thought could have been possible. Seriously, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and others would have loved to have something like GPO incorporated with a notation program.
    I am so glad Gary and Tom, that you have been a visionary with this sound library.
    Oh, yes, it was confirmed to me by Daniel at Sibelius, that you can have sustain legato and sustain instruments playback at the same time with the Sib/Gpo programme.

Thanks again, Gary and Tom for a great product that GPO is.

Re: Announcing: Garritan Personal Orchestra Sibelius Edition - demos

Sibelius has just advised me that there will be a special upgrade path available for existing Garritan Personal Orchestra users.The upgrade to the GPO Sibelius Edition will be $49.

Customers who qualify for the upgrade price include only licensed users of Personal Orchestra.

The upgrade will include a new optimized version of the acclaimed Kontakt Gold sample player from Native Instruments.

More details will be posted on the Sibelius site.

Gary Garritan

Re: Announcing: Garritan Personal Orchestra Sibelius Edition - demos

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Sibelius has just advised me that there will be a special upgrade path available for existing Garritan Personal Orchestra users.The upgrade to the GPO Sibelius Edition will be $49.

Customers who qualify for the upgrade price include only licensed users of Personal Orchestra.

The upgrade will include a new optimized version of the acclaimed Kontakt Gold sample player from Native Instruments.

More details will be posted on the Sibelius site.

Gary Garritan
    Not posted on the Sibelius site yet. I wonder what the £ will be for UK peeps hopefully £30 or less. Thats a good deal - I shall now upgrade to Sib4.
    David Carter (DaveTubaKing)

Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

www.davetubaking.com

Go Back to forum