• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Y'all,

    As a young jazz musician many years ago, I played this tune hundreds of times with groups and now I can't remember the title. See what happens to your memory when you get very, very old?

    I want to write a full-blown arrangement but I need to know what it's called, of course. If anyone knows the title I would be eternally grateful and dance at your wedding if you would inform me.

    Thanks in advance and best regards,

    Larry Alexander

    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...meThatTune.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Talking Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    That's "Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Ace on Your Way Out!" ... Nope, that aint right. Lets see, hmm, Green Grass? Nope, not that one. Larry, can you slow down the tempo, kick the drummer out, and give the guitarist a manicure? Maybe that'll clear things up.
    Really, I dunno. Eh, how embariskins.

    Route 66? Maybe after hours the band calls it "Toot 66"? I dunnoooooooo What is it!!
    Styxx

  3. #3

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Danged if I know. Tarnation, that's what I'm trying to find out, yuh dagblasted fool!

    Somebody git a rope!

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Try this site: http://www.musipedia.org/

    It allows you to identify melodies using a fairly simple system.
    - Jamie Kowalski

    All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

  5. #5

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    Try this site: http://www.musipedia.org/

    It allows you to identify melodies using a fairly simple system.
    Thanks, Jamie. I shall have a go at it.

    Regards,

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Thanks, Jamie. I shall have a go at it.

    Regards,

    LGA
    WELL! When in tarnation are ya gonna let us know? Furdacripesake!
    Styxx

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    656

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Larry, that tune is "Blues in F" by Oliver Gannon of PG Music fame... He first included it in his "jazz guitarist" program and later on, it became an educational tune in many PG Music band in a box tutorials... I'd be happy to send you the midi file from the jazz guitarist to confirm... The jazz guitarist was released in "95, so maybe you heard it as a tune that somebody recorded earlier on a CD?

    Doing a quick search on the web, it turns up also as "Blues in F for Monday" by Oliver Gannon and Sonny Dunham Oliver... Maybe that's where you heard it...

  8. #8

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Are you telling me there's a copyrighted composition called "Blues in F"?? Is "Blues in E" still available?? 'Cause I played that a lot and didn't credit anyone.

  9. #9
    Senior Member squoze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    318

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    I claim good ole country "Blues in C" then!

    Nice work tradivoro

  10. #10

    Re: Name That Tune...PLEASE!

    Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    Larry, that tune is "Blues in F" by Oliver Gannon of PG Music fame... He first included it in his "jazz guitarist" program and later on, it became an educational tune in many PG Music band in a box tutorials... I'd be happy to send you the midi file from the jazz guitarist to confirm... The jazz guitarist was released in "95, so maybe you heard it as a tune that somebody recorded earlier on a CD?

    Doing a quick search on the web, it turns up also as "Blues in F for Monday" by Oliver Gannon and Sonny Dunham Oliver... Maybe that's where you heard it...
    Thanks for your reply.

    I'm almost certain that it actually dates from decades ago because I played it as a young man and that was a loooooooong time ago. Maybe what I played those many years ago was something similar. Maybe senility is setting in!

    Thanks again and best regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •