I recently purchased a DAW from soundchaser to run giga, which it does fine for the most part. I have been using my antiquated mac 7600 to run digital performer using mostly midi to control the giga DAW. I have not been recording any audio on the mac due to the slow processor and lack of hard drive space. I have been syncing my Roland VS880 with the mac when I have to record actual audio. I hardly ever have more than four tracks of audio on any one project. I would like to intergrate some of the features so I don\'t have so many machines running at once, and the editing on the vs880 is a bitch.
So, what would you do?

1. Get a digital audio program for the DAW like cakewalk or cubase and run everything on that machine? $400 to $500

2. Update the Mac with a G3 card, an audiomedia III and a scsi hard drive for audio? also around $400 or $500

I want to be able to save my audio files so that someone using protools can open them, and I\'m not sure of the formats for these PC programs.

I have heard some people are having problems running the sequencer and giga on the same machine, but this DAW is very fast with 512 mg memory. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Roberto