• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: New dead composers

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Talking New dead composers

    Isn't it great that even after having been a fan of classical music for years, you can still 'discover' dead composers that are awesome?!

    I just 'discovered' Gabriel Faure . . . now why didn't I know about this guy sooner? Tonal, wonderfully melodic and lyrical, and harmoniously lush . . . this guy's awesome! Now I have to go to the library . . .

    too bad I have a 10-page essay due tomorrow that isn't getting done
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  2. #2

    Re: New dead composers

    Good discovery Sean, I've been a Faure fan for a long time. Enjoy!

  3. #3

    Re: New dead composers

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I just 'discovered' Gabriel Faure . . . now why didn't I know about this guy sooner? Tonal, wonderfully melodic and lyrical, and harmoniously lush . . . this guy's awesome! Now I have to go to the library . . .
    Great discovery !!
    Sean, now research who his 'very famous' students were. Another nice surprise awaits you.

    -- atonal

  4. #4

    Re: New dead composers

    Quote Originally Posted by atonal
    Great discovery !!
    Sean, now research who his 'very famous' students were. Another nice surprise awaits you.

    -- atonal
    One of whom was Nadia Boulanger, of course -- one of the most influential figures in all of twentieth century music, as she herself went on to teach an astounding list of American composers... http://www.nadiaboulanger.org/nb/amstudents.html

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: New dead composers

    That's nothing new! Paul McCartney has been dead for year but people still make a startling discovery!

    "Um Dead!"
    Styxx

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: New dead composers

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Isn't it great that even after having been a fan of classical music for years, you can still 'discover' dead composers that are awesome?!

    I just 'discovered' Gabriel Faure . . . now why didn't I know about this guy sooner? Tonal, wonderfully melodic and lyrical, and harmoniously lush . . . this guy's awesome! Now I have to go to the library . . .

    too bad I have a 10-page essay due tomorrow that isn't getting done
    Great find Sean,

    I've been a fan of Fauré ever since playing harp for a choral society's performance of Fauré's Requiem.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •