• Register
  • Help

Topic: New dead composers

Share/Bookmark

Talking New dead composers

Isn't it great that even after having been a fan of classical music for years, you can still 'discover' dead composers that are awesome?!

I just 'discovered' Gabriel Faure . . . now why didn't I know about this guy sooner? Tonal, wonderfully melodic and lyrical, and harmoniously lush . . . this guy's awesome! Now I have to go to the library . . .

too bad I have a 10-page essay due tomorrow that isn't getting done
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: New dead composers

Good discovery Sean, I've been a Faure fan for a long time. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I just 'discovered' Gabriel Faure . . . now why didn't I know about this guy sooner? Tonal, wonderfully melodic and lyrical, and harmoniously lush . . . this guy's awesome! Now I have to go to the library . . .
    Great discovery !!
    Sean, now research who his 'very famous' students were. Another nice surprise awaits you.

-- atonal

Quote Originally Posted by atonal
    Great discovery !!
    Sean, now research who his 'very famous' students were. Another nice surprise awaits you.

-- atonal
    One of whom was Nadia Boulanger, of course -- one of the most influential figures in all of twentieth century music, as she herself went on to teach an astounding list of American composers... http://www.nadiaboulanger.org/nb/amstudents.html

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

That's nothing new! Paul McCartney has been dead for year but people still make a startling discovery!

"Um Dead!"
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Isn't it great that even after having been a fan of classical music for years, you can still 'discover' dead composers that are awesome?!

too bad I have a 10-page essay due tomorrow that isn't getting done
    Great find Sean,

I've been a fan of Fauré ever since playing harp for a choral society's performance of Fauré's Requiem.

Go Back to forum