• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Group Buy hankerin'

Share/Bookmark

Group Buy hankerin'

Right around this time last year, those guys with that particular "Golden" library announced an NS exclusive group that pretty much ended up being too good to miss for many people and broke all sorts of records and certainly greatly exceeded the expectations of the developers.

Ahhh, what a difference a year makes, but I digress...isn't it time for another "orchestral" group buy? No offense to Mr. Post, but I think everyone around here is pretty piano-ed out....sooo I propose the

(drumroll)

Opus 1 NS Group Buy!!!

Come on German (Austrian) friends....isn't about time you put that little jewel of yours up for grabs as a group buy? The holidays are almost upon us (6 week-ends left until the big X day), and the 2005 fiscal year is about to come to a close.

I don't know about you all, but for me this spells ideal season for an orchestral group buy.

So can I hear from everyone else here in this less than scientific poll? How many around here would be interested in an Opus 1 group buy?

Let's make our voices heard and put some of that ol' consumer pressure on our symphonic friends!

Join me and chime in with your thoughts!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Group Buy hankerin'

I'd jump, but would regret it later, as I plan on going for the 'end all' package when its finally available.

I'd be all over that. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd pull out my credit card in a flash for an Opus 1 group buy.

I agree with this. I'd like to see a group buy for either Project Sam, VSL or SonicImplants.

I would like the EWQL Gold XP update group buy. I already have the Gold version, and would, for the right money, get the XP upgrade. I'm sure most of the people who bought that library when it was on Group-Buy, would buy the upgrade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewW
    I would like the EWQL Gold XP update group buy. I already have the Gold version, and would, for the right money, get the XP upgrade. I'm sure most of the people who bought that library when it was on Group-Buy, would buy the upgrade as well.
    For what it's worth, the company is claiming that the current 30% pre-order discount is the only "sale" they'll have on the XP updates for some time, and that group buys only happen on products that've been on the market for a year or more (if ever).

Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    I agree with this. I'd like to see a group buy for either Project Sam, VSL or SonicImplants.
    A Project Sam group buy would be a pretty exciting prospect..

I already got the VSL pro edition in a deal for students, otherwise I'd jump on an Opus 1 group buy.

What I need is a RA or EWQL Choir group buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    I already got the VSL pro edition in a deal for students, otherwise I'd jump on an Opus 1 group buy.

What I need is a RA or EWQL Choir group buy.
    If you don't mind me asking, was this the deal to get VSL First Edition for a substantial discount, or is there another student deal I'm currently unaware of?

Cheers,
    Duncan

No, sorry, it was the deal to get the 1st edition for a substantial discount. Then there was a follow-up offer to upgrade to the Pro Edition with a further discount on the normal upgrade price, so that the total I paid getting up to the Pro Edition was, in the end, massively smaller than the regular price.

I'm afraid I don't know of any current offers, although a sale that included the Stones and Glass would be nice.

Go Back to forum