Topic: Light at the end of the tunnel?

Light at the end of the tunnel?

sponsored links

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel?

Let's get out the tar and feathers!

You'll need oil for that.

Out of my Mind

Talking Re: Light at the end of the tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    You'll need oil for that.
    O.K. you have to admit, he got us on this one!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

(gratuitous characters so this message will post)

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Corn syrup will work just as well. No need to be environmentally insensitive.

Actually, I'd suggest we burn Republicans and use them for heating. The only problem would be the stench.

I find the comment about OIL too funny. If we had invested the money from war in Iraq into alternate fuel research and production, maybe we wouldn't need any more stinking oil. Maybe if Republicans weren't busy rewarding industries that destroy the environment, while punishing any attempt to preserve it, we'd have a different political dialogue in this country--how to best preserve, rather than whether to preserve.

These jackasses are thankfully being exposed.

I love how Bush's latest scam is to suggest that Congress is re-writing history by suggesting that the administration gamed the research. He's saying they had access to the same information. Yes, the gamed information his administration provided. Man, if that's the best they've got...wow. More pathetic than I would ever have imagined.

Ad hominem has been working for Republicans a long time. But now, they're so boldly corrupt that they can't even fool stupid people.

About time.

You know I agree with all of that - especially the heating part - but I also know that modern first-world societies are going to need oil...and lumber, and minerals, and all kinds of resources...for a long time.

Realistically, what we need to do is manage our resources - here's a buzzword - sustainably. It is possible to do that without resorting to drilling in Alaskan wildlife preserves.

And again again again, everyone MUST read Jared Diamond's "Collapse." It's eye-opening, and not just about environmental issues but about all kinds of things you don't get by reading the news.

Right now we have an administration that's committing slow suicide in order to pump up the economic engines. "Creates jobs" is the mantra. Thank goodness the Democrats are finally starting to show some signs of life.

I'd almost volunteer.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast