• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Deliveries (or lack of them)

Share/Bookmark

Deliveries (or lack of them)

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Forgive me - I need a rant...

STILL waiting for my new PC and keyboard to be delivered. It was picked up on the 3rd on a 48 hour delivery and it's not here yet. The delivery company (UK & Europe based) have a tracking system, which showed that it was picked up in Nottingham on the 3rd, made it to Birmingham that evening, and then sat there until the 8th before EVENTUALLY getting to Northern France, where it still is apparently (I'm in the South near Avignon).

It's not the music company's fault, and I would hate to have to cancel the order (both because I have a good relationship with them and the PC is custom built to my spec), but it's getting to the point where I may have to buy a stock PC out here. I've already lost 1 contract because I don't have the equipment.

AARRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I've emailed the CEO of the delivery company direct in the vague hope of getting somewhere (none of the minions seem even remotely interested in helping me in any way - I've been hung up on, told on more than one occasion "it's not my problem mate", been transferred through for hours and hours and left on hold...)

I am sick and tired of this!

Ok rant over

M

Re: Deliveries (or lack of them)

i feel your pain, if that's of any help. of course it's not, but it's the best i can do. take it or leave it ;-)

The sympathy/empathy is appreciated

STILL not here - I gather it is about 20km away from me now, but with Friday being a bank holiday in France, and no Saturday deliveries, I'm now well behind on my project...

I would be happy to jump in the car and get the darn thing myself, IF the delivery company were even remotely helpful and would tell me where the depot is!

Monday. It HAS to be Monday... (I've been saying that since last Sunday!)

M

here's crossing my fingers for you! nothing sucks as hard as not being able to get on with a project due to the incompetence of others

on a sidenote... you have a postcount similar to mine. i'm wondering, are you allowed to post links? because i'm not, and that's really bugging me. if you could give me some pointers about what i'm potentially doing wrong, that would be awesome. on the other hand, if you can't post links either i at least know that i have to raise my count to at least above 30 to finally be able to post links.

Testing testing:

Test Link

The format I'm using is (take out the spaces):

[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . designersounds . c o . u k ] Test Link [ / U R L ]

Assuming the computer arrives tomorrow, I have until the 25th to do about 10 click tracks...

testing, too:

testlink

let's see...

edit: AAAH HAAA!!!! GOTCHA! figured it out finally. i just now realized that there's a BUTTON at the top of the topic-form with which you can post links. my mistake, for anybody with similar problems, was that i posted the URL as plain text, which didn't work.

so, problem solved, THANKS A BUNCH FOR HELPING OUT everybody (especially to firmament), much appreciated! now on to some serious posting...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

http://www.northernsounds.com

I just typed this in, and it works just fine. I am curious what you're seeing that is different.

i guess what i did wrong was to assume that the boardsoftware would convert text to URL automatically, which obviously it doesn't. i simply and plainly typed the URL like you would into a browser, without putting [url] at front and end of text (im reeeeaaalllyyyy html-illiterate), so that's probaböly why i had a hard time posting my links. sorry for any onconvinience i may have caused with my constant bickering ;-)

but all is well now. except for firmamentFX's package...

It does convert to a url automatically normally... Have you got board code disabled or something?

I live in hope of a delivery on tomorrow morning...

Dang, Firmament, this is terrible, man. Good luck to you on your gig for when the gear finally arrives. You should definitely let the retailer know though. There's got to be accountability for this kind of disinterest and apathy on the shipper's part. You paid for fast shipping, which means the retailer did. Put it to the retailer that way: They paid for something they didn't get. I'm sure they'll have some words for this shipper.
    You know what I blame this on the downfall of? Society.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast