• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt can't find samples

Kontakt can't find samples

Am I the only one with this problem?

I use Kontakt, I have bought many of the 3rd party sound collections like RA and Stormdrum.

I dont like to use the little Kompakt player that comes with them, instead I use Kontakt. ver 1.53. I get more flexibility using Kontakt.
    The problem is Kontakt doesn't seem to know where the samples are located.
    You can use auto find and after a LONG time it will find and load the samples.
    if you dont re-save the Program or Multi, you will have to do the same thing all over again.

I'm not crazy about loading and re-saving hundreds of programs.
    I have rebuilt the quicksound database, you would think that would help the auto find locate the samples quicker, but it still takes too long.

My Christmas wish is that Redmatica will make a Kontakt manager that I can run durning a lunch break and all my Kontakt programs and Multis will load in a jiffy.

I think I am getting too old to watch progress bars on a computer

Re: Kontakt can't find samples

If you don't want to go through the process of resaving the patch after finding samples or the actual finding of the samples, then you'll have to rearrange the sample directory in such a way that it lies in the path which the instrument patch expects it to be in. Usually the EastWest stuff is set up so that there should be a Samples folder in the same directory as an Instruments folder. Is it set up this way on your machine?

Also, are you saying that the included Kompakt player doesn't have this problem when opening patches? (that would be strange - as I'd think they'd both use the same path info)

Go Back to forum