• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moving Spectrasonics?

Share/Bookmark

Moving Spectrasonics?

I have some of my Spectrasonics stuff, RMX folder and Atmosphere .dat file on a firewire drive and I want to move it to one of my internal drives. Will I haver to reauthorize on the website or merely create new aliases on my system drive?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Re: Moving Spectrasonics?

When you move stuff from your external drive to your internal you dont need any aliases.
    Just place the originals at their appropiate places (where you had the aliases before)

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    When you move stuff from your external drive to your internal you dont need any aliases.
    Just place the originals at their appropiate places (where you had the aliases before)

Hans
    Thanks Hans.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

If the drive letter is different you will have a problem. If the drive letter is the same and the path is the same then there will be no issues. There is a utility called Spectramove (I think) available at the Spectrasonics website which will help you move your Atmosphere files. If you don't have the RMX files in the Spectrasonics folder, then you must have a "SAGE" link in the Spectrasonics folder that points to the actual physic SAGE directory.

fizbin

Spectramove runs only on windows PCs because the drive letter problem doesnt exist in OSX.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    Spectramove runs only on windows PCs because the drive letter problem doesnt exist in OSX.

Hans
    Doh - sorry, should have read more. I'll quitely bow out now :-)
    Good luck with the problem,
    fizbin

Go Back to forum